|Sector/branches (SIC 2008)||Growth accounts Based on consolidated production Contribution of intermediate consumption (percentage point)||Intermediate consumption Consolidated (mln euros) Consumption of energy (mln euros)||Intermediate consumption Consolidated (mln euros) Consumption of materials (mln euros)||Intermediate consumption Consolidated (mln euros) Consumption of services (mln euros)||Intermediate consumption Consolidated (2015=100) Consumption of energy (volume-index 2015=100)||Intermediate consumption Consolidated (2015=100) Consumption of materials (volume-index 2015=100)||Intermediate consumption Consolidated (2015=100) Consumption of services (volume-index 2015=100)|
|A-U Market sector (excl L,O,P,T)||-0.2||42,218||119,877||145,617||103.9||112.0||118.0|
|A Agriculture, forestry and fishing||0.6||1,840||7,223||4,987||99.2||105.6||102.0|
|B Mining and quarrying||-2.9||1,566||297||1,564||60.7||45.7||63.5|
|10-12 Manufacture of food and beverages||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|13-15 Man. of textile-, leatherproducts||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|16-18 Man. wood en paperprod., printing||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|19 Manufacture of coke and petroleum||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|20 Manufacture of chemicals||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|21 Manufacture of pharmaceuticals||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|22-23 Man. plastics and constructionprod||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|24-25 Man. of basic metals and -products||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|26 Manufacture of electronic products||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|27 Manufacture of electric equipment||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|28 Manufacture of machinery n.e.c.||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|29-30 Transport equipment||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|31-33 Other manufacturing and repair||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|D Energy supply||1.4||2,702||1,597||3,058||88.0||106.0||111.6|
|E Water supply and waste management||-0.7||298||840||3,640||113.4||106.6||107.7|
|G-I Trade, transport, hotels, catering||1.1||10,675||15,619||89,280||113.2||115.3||114.9|
|G Wholesale and retail trade||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|H Transportation and storage||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|I Accommodation and food serving||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|J Information and communication||1.8||389||4,065||33,241||107.1||98.9||155.6|
|58-60 Publishing, movie, radio and TV||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|62-63 IT- and information services||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|K Financial institutions||-0.5||480||440||22,709||105.2||107.7||101.5|
|L Renting, buying, selling real estate||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|M-N Business services||1.7||1,898||6,851||56,692||148.7||129.5||134.2|
|69-71 Management, technical consultancy||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|72 Research and development||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|73-75 Advertising, design and other||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|N Renting and other business support||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|O Public administration and services||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|Q Health and social work activities||1.2||938||8,412||15,320||104.3||114.5||112.3|
|86 Human health activities||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|87-88 Care and social work||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|R-U Culture, recreation, other services||0.7||1,408||2,321||8,422||106.9||108.0||106.5|
|R Culture, sports and recreation||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|S Other service activities||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
|T Activities of households||.||.||.||.||.||.||.|
This table presents the outcomes of the Dutch growth accounts. The growth accounts show the contributions of the different production factors to the economic growth. This helps to determine which part of production growth is explained by a change in input of capital (K), labour (L), energy (E), materials (M) or services (S).
The results of the growth accounts also show the contribution of multi-factor productivity. This is the part of economic growth that cannot be attributed to one of the production factors. Disaggregated data, labour and capital productivity are also published in this table. The data on consolidated production and consumption are not available for the years 1995-2014. This is due to the lack of an input-output table with volume changes for these reporting years.
Data available from: 1995.
Status of the figures:
Data for the reporting years 2018 and 2019 are provisional.
Changes as of September 2020:
Figures for the year 2019 have been added.
The values in million euro of production, intermediate consumption, energy, materials, services and total input KLEMS have been added for reporting year 2015.
Statistics Netherlands has carried out a revision of the national accounts recently. New statistical sources and estimation methods have been used during the revision. This table provides the data after revision. For further information see section 3.
When will new figures be published?
Provisional data are published around 9 months after the end of the reporting year. Final data are released 33 months after the end of the reporting year.
- Growth accounts
- The volume change of the consolidated production or value added is attributed to the different production factors and to multi-factor productivity.
- Based on consolidated production
- The volume change of the consolidated production is attributed to the different production factors and to multi-factor productivity. The contributions are measured in percentage points. The contributions of capital, labour, intermediate consumption and multi-factor productivity together add up to the volume change of the consolidated production.
- Contribution of intermediate consumption
- The part of volume change of consolidated production caused by a change in input of intermediate consumption.
- Intermediate consumption
- The value of the goods and services consumed as inputs by a process of production, excluding fixed assets whose consumption is recorded as consumption of fixed capital, regardless of the date of purchase. The goods or services may be either transformed or used up by the production process. This includes for example fuel, raw materials, semi manufactured goods, communication services, cleansing services and audits by accountants.
The use of fixed assets (industrial structures, machinery, personal traffic equipment) is registered as depreciation, not as intermediate consumption. Purchased goods that are sold without modification are not part of intermediate consumption. The total expenditure to goods and services consists of intermediate consumption together with the final expenditure. Intermediate consumption less internal deliveries is the consolidated intermediate consumption.
- Consolidated (mln euros)
- Consolidated intermediate consumption million euros
- Consumption of energy
- Intermediate consumption of energy products less the internal deliveries of energy products. Besides products produced by energy and drinking water companies energy products also entails sources of energy like coals, (crude and processed) oil and gas. The consolidated energy consumption is the energy consumption when a unit (branch, industry or commercial sector) is described as one single company.
- Consumption of materials
- Intermediate consumption of materials less the internal consumption of materials. Consolidated consumption of materials is the consumption of materials when a unit (industry, branch or commercial sector) is described as one single company.
- Consumption of services
- Intermediate consumption of services less the internal consumption of services. Consolidated consumption of services is the consumption of services when a unit (industry, branch or commercial sector) is described as one single company.
- Consolidated (2015=100)
- Consolidated intermediate consumption 2015=100
- Consumption of energy
- Consumption of materials
- Consumption of services