If your organisation is not authorised to work with microdata, you can submit a request for authorisation by using the Application form for organisations. Access can be provided for up to three years. After that, your organisation may request renewal.
Has your organisation been authorised to work with microdata? Then you can submit an application form to start a project. Please fill in the 1) Excel Application form research project, 2) Research proposal (pdf), 3) Publication plan (pdf) and 4 GDPR-ground and purpose form (pdf). The downloadable files can be found underneath. Please mail these four files to email@example.com. You don’t have to fill in the form completely when it’s your first application, we will contact you and help you further.
Project applications shall in any case be assessed on the following criteria:
- The institution has a valid authorisation to access CBS microdata.
- The microdata are to be used solely for statistical purposes, i.e. not for administrative, judicial or fiscal purposes, nor for control purposes against individuals, companies or institutions.
- In view of, among other things, the principle of purpose limitation as prescribed by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the institution must submit a well-defined research description (which may also be of a global nature in the case of exploratory research).
- The institution is responsible for publication of the research results and shall indicate when and how publication will take place.
- It must be plausible that CBS microdata can provide answers to at least a significant portion of the research questions.
- In case the institution provides its own datasets to be linked with CBS microdata, these datasets must have been obtained in a legal manner and permission must be in place for providing these to CBS and for using them in research.
Do you wish to add a new user or an onlooker to your ongoing project? Please download the application form new user at the bottom of this page.