Blaise® is a computer-assisted interviewing (CAI) system and survey processing tool developed by CBS (Statistics Netherlands). It is designed for use in official statistics and complex surveys. Since its conception in the 1980s, it has become a go-to tool in complex statistical survey production. Over 130 National Statistical Institutes and research institutes worldwide use Blaise in their survey processes, forming a steady community that exchanges knowledge and experiences. Within this community, the power users form wish lists to make Blaise even better. For this reason, Blaise’s functionality continuously grows to meet the challenges of the survey world.
With the latest version, Blaise 5, you can design your questionnaire once and use it for computer-assisted personal interviews (CAPI), computer-assisted telephone interviews (CATI) or computer-assisted web interviews (CAWI) and on different devices and screen sizes. Simultaneously, Blaise 5 gives you all the flexibility so you can adjust your layouts and screen wordings to suit your needs.
Blaise 5 includes high functionality for today's CAI surveys
- "Out-of-the-box" support for multi-mode (CATI, CAPI, CAWI) and hybrid-mode surveys as well as survey processes like interactive data review and editing, batch data processing, and more
- Proven interviewer interface with fully customizable screen layouts
- Powerful but straightforward questionnaire definition language
- Use the same Blaise instrument for any survey mode as well as data review and editing
- User-friendly support for add-on components (.NET assemblies)
- An open system architecture that supports the integration of Blaise with non-Blaise systems and software
- Comprehensive documentation
Blaise is used worldwide for a variety of research studies
- Household surveys
- Business and economic surveys
- Health surveys
- Labor force surveys
- Energy/environment/agriculture surveys
- Cross-sectional and longitudinal sample designs
- Multi-mode surveys
- Hybrid-mode surveys
Visit www.blaise.com/ for more information about Blaise® and find out whether you are eligible for a license.