|Export flows||Periods||Export value (billion euros)||Value added due to exports (billion euros)||Value added as percentage of gdp (%)||Value added as a percentage of export (%)||Imports intermediate goods and services (billion euros)||Imports for re-exports (billion euros)||Labour volume (x 1000 labour years)||Share in Dutch labour volume (%)|
|Exports of goods||2020||459.2||152.1||19.1||33.1||307.1||201.2||1,330.0||17.1|
|Exports of goods||2021*||548.4||173.3||20.2||31.6||375.1||249.3||1,386.4||17.7|
|Exports of Dutch products||2020||216.0||120.8||15.2||55.9||95.2||0.0||1,058.1||13.6|
|Exports of Dutch products||2021*||252.2||137.5||16.1||54.5||114.7||0.0||1,094.8||14.0|
|Trade in services (including travel)||2020||164.2||100.2||12.6||61.0||64.0||4.3||1,031.1||13.3|
|Trade in services (including travel)||2021*||162.2||106.1||12.4||65.4||56.1||-0.4||991.4||12.7|
This table contains data on earnings from exports of goods and services. It shows which share of GDP and the labour volume in the Netherlands can be attributed to these exports.
This information is broken down into export types, such as exports of Dutch products and re-exports.
Data available from: 2015
Status of the figures:
The figures in this table are final for the years 2015 up to and including 2020. The figures for the most recent reporting year 2021 are provisional.
Changes as of 23 november 2022:
The provisional figures of 2021 are added.
When will new figures be published?
New figures will be published as provisional nine months after the end of the reporting year. After 21 months, figures will be published as final.
- Export value
- The value of all exported goods and services, including costs insurance freight (CIF), up to the Dutch border.
- Value added due to exports
- The value added equals the production (in basic prices) minus intermediate consumption (in purchasing prices). The output is valued at basic prices, i.e. the selling price excluding the trade and transport margin and excluding any taxes on products paid and subsidies on products received. The intermediate use is valued at the purchase value excluding non-deductible VAT.
- Value added as percentage of gdp
- The value added by the gross domestic product (gdp). The gdp is the final result of productive activities of production units in the Netherlands. It equals the sum of value added in all sectors of industry.
- Value added as a percentage of export
- The value added divided by the export value.
- Imports intermediate goods and services
- Goods and services used as inputs in the production process.
- Imports for re-exports
- Goods that were imported before being exported, after having received at most minor adaptions.
- Labour volume
- The amount of labour used to produce goods and services for exports. This is expressed in labour years.
- The labour volume used to produce goods and services for exports divided by the total labour volume in the Netherlands.