|Districts and neighbourhoods||Regional designation Municipality name (name)||Regional designation Region type (description)||Regional designation Encoding (code)||Regional designation Change in district or neighbourhood (code)||Health and well-being General Practitioner's Practice Distance to GP practice (km)||Health and well-being General Practitioner's Practice Number of GP practices Within 1 km (number)||Health and well-being General Practitioner's Practice Number of GP practices Within 3 km (number)||Health and well-being General Practitioner's Practice Number of GP practices Within 5 km (number)||Health and well-being General Practitioner's Practice Distance to GP post (km)||Health and well-being Distance to pharmacy (km)|
|Verspr.h. Veldmaat ten Z. van de spoorl.||Haaksbergen||Neighbourhood||BU01580180||1||2.1||0.0||1.5||3.0||2.1||3.0|
|Verspr.h. Veldmaat ten N. van de spoorl.||Haaksbergen||Neighbourhood||BU01580190||1||1.9||0.0||2.7||3.0||2.0||1.7|
|Wijk 08 Huizermaat West en Zuid||Huizen||District||WK040608||1||0.7||1.1||7.9||9.0||6.1||0.5|
|Wijk 09 Huizermaat Noord||Huizen||District||WK040609||1||0.7||1.9||7.5||9.0||6.6||0.7|
|Wijk 12 Hogemaat||Huizen||District||WK040612||1||1.1||0.5||5.0||9.0||7.7||1.7|
|Westervoort-Lange Maat en Hoogeind||Westervoort||Neighbourhood||BU02930002||1||0.7||0.9||2.1||6.8||8.7||0.7|
This table contains information about the average distances for residents of the Netherlands from their home address to the nearest facilities (e.g. school, GP or library). The table also includes information about the number of facilities located within a certain distance from the residential address. These data are calculated as an average over all persons in the area.
The data is available per municipality at district and neighbourhood level, as of 1 January.
Data available for 2020
Changes as of December 2021
None, this is a new table.
Status of the figures:
The figures in this table are final.
When will new numbers be released?
No new figures are expected for this table.
- Regional designation
- The municipalities in the Netherlands are subdivided into districts and neighbourhoods. Neighbourhoods make up the lowest regional level. Districts are summations of one or more contiguous neighbourhoods. The municipality itself determines the division into districts and neighbourhoods. Statistics Netherlands coordinates this classification nationally.
Part of a municipality in which a certain form of land use or construction predominates. For example: industrial area, residential area with high-rise or low-rise buildings. A district consists of one or more neighbourhoods.
Part of a municipality that is homogeneously demarcated from a development point of view or socio-economic structure. Homogeneous means that one function is dominant, for example residential function (residential area), work function (industrial area) or recreational function (nature area). However, functions can also be mixed.
- Municipality name
- The name of the administrative municipality. This name follows the official spelling.
- Region type
- The selected region designation concerns: Municipality, District or Neighbourhood.
- Municipal code has 4 digits, preceded by 'GM'.
District code has 6 digits: municipality code (4) + district code (2), preceded by 'WK'.
Neighbourhood code has 8 digits: municipality code (4) + neighbourhood code (2) + neighbourhood code (2), preceded by 'BU'.
- Change in district or neighbourhood
- This indicator indicates for each district and neighbourhood whether the figures from this table can be easily linked to and compared with the figures from the previous year, or whether there are changes in the District and Neighbourhood classification that make this impossible. Detailed information about changes in the District and Neighbourhood classification can be obtained by comparing the district and neighbourhood maps of two consecutive years.
The indicator has three possible values:
1: The coding and demarcation of this district/neighbourhood is unchanged compared to the previous year. It is possible that a name change has taken place. The figures can be linked and compared with those of the previous year.
2: The coding of the district/neighbourhood has changed compared to the previous year. The demarcation is unchanged. In order to be able to link with figures from the previous year, the coding for the previous year needs to be found first. Once the link is successful, the figures can be compared.
3: The demarcation of the district/neighbourhood has changed compared to the previous year. This may have been accompanied by a change in coding. The figures cannot simply be compared with those of the previous year. Differences can, after all, be related to changes in the demarcation of the district or neighbourhood.
For a district or neighbourhood, a change in the demarcation is only detected when a boundary has been moved approximately 5 meters or more. Smaller boundary changes are not considered significant.
- Health and well-being
- General Practitioner's Practice
- Building or space in which one or more general practitioners work (together).
The general practitioner is responsible for general medical care. He/she provides personal and continuous care to a fixed practice population.
- Distance to GP practice
- The average distance of all residents in an area to the nearest general practitioner, calculated by road.
As of the reporting year 2020, Statistics Netherlands receives the population of GP practices in a different form than before: the secondary addresses of GP practices are no longer part of the population. Due to this change in the source files, the results from reporting year 2020 are no longer comparable with those of previous years. An analysis for the reporting year 2019 into the effect of omitting the secondary addresses shows that the distance to the nearest general practitioner practice increases by 0.1 km on a national level. At neighbourhood level, the distance can be up to 7 km longer in certain regions.
- Number of GP practices
- The average number of GP practices within a fixed distance by road for all residents of an area.
- Within 1 km
- Within 3 km
- Within 5 km
- Distance to GP post
- GP post
Place where general practitioners from the region provide evening, night and weekend shifts. A number of GP posts work with alternating shifts.
The average distance of all residents in an area to the nearest GP post, calculated by road.
The distance from a residential address to one of the GP posts in a cluster of alternating shifts is the average of the distances to all GP posts within that cluster.
- Distance to pharmacy
- The average distance of all residents in an area to the nearest pharmacy, calculated by road.
Pharmacy, including GP office with an in-house pharmacy.