|Coal and coal products||Periods||Energy supply Total energy supply (million kg)||Energy supply Production (million kg)||Energy supply Recovered products (million kg)||Energy supply Imports, total (million kg)||Energy supply Of which from outside EU (million kg)||Energy supply Exports (million kg)||Energy supply Stocks - beginning of period (miilion kg)||Energy supply Stocks - end of period (million kg)||Energy supply Stock change (million kg)||Energy consumption Total consumption (million kg)||Energy consumption Total energy companies (million kg)||Energy consumption Coke-oven plants (million kg)||Energy consumption Industry, total (million kg)||Energy consumption Of which iron and steel (million kg)||Energy consumption Total other consumers (million kg)|
|Hard coal||2020 November**||599||581||581||817||799||18||599||290||209||101||98||0|
|Hard coal||2020 December**||668||541||541||799||672||127||668||321||215||132||130||0|
|Hard coal||2021 January*||810||694||694||672||556||116||810||458||217||136||133||0|
|Hard coal||2021 February*||588||629||628||556||597||-41||588||284||202||102||99||0|
|Hard coal||2021 March*||662||754||754||597||689||-92||662||324||201||137||134||0|
|Hard coal||2021 April*||564||525||525||689||649||40||564||214||231||119||117||0|
|Hard coal||2021 May*||525||468||468||649||592||57||525||156||234||135||132||0|
|Hard coal||2021 June*||483||495||495||592||604||-11||483||151||219||114||111||0|
|Hard coal||2021 July*||822||825||825||604||607||-3||822||466||244||112||109||0|
|Hard coal||2021 August*||824||818||818||607||601||6||824||448||245||130||128||0|
|Hard coal||2021 September*||724||649||649||601||526||75||724||429||202||93||90||0|
|Hard coal||2021 October*||961||1,039||1,039||526||604||-78||961||589||237||134||132||0|
|Lignite and BKB (Braunkohlenbriketts)||2020 November**||2||2||2||1||1|
|Lignite and BKB (Braunkohlenbriketts)||2020 December**||2||2||2||1||1|
|Lignite and BKB (Braunkohlenbriketts)||2021 January*||2||2||2||1||1|
|Lignite and BKB (Braunkohlenbriketts)||2021 February*||2||2||2||1||1|
|Lignite and BKB (Braunkohlenbriketts)||2021 March*||2||2||2||1||1|
|Lignite and BKB (Braunkohlenbriketts)||2021 April*||2||2||2||1||1|
|Lignite and BKB (Braunkohlenbriketts)||2021 May*||2||2||2||1||1|
|Lignite and BKB (Braunkohlenbriketts)||2021 June*||2||2||2||1||1|
|Lignite and BKB (Braunkohlenbriketts)||2021 July*||2||2||2||1||1|
|Lignite and BKB (Braunkohlenbriketts)||2021 August*||2||2||2||1||1|
|Lignite and BKB (Braunkohlenbriketts)||2021 September*||2||2||2||1||1|
|Lignite and BKB (Braunkohlenbriketts)||2021 October*||2||2||0||2||1||1|
|Coke-oven cokes||2020 November**||167||155||3||2||36||137||92||45||167||167||164|
|Coke-oven cokes||2020 December**||161||160||3||2||43||92||52||40||161||161||157|
|Coke-oven cokes||2021 January*||171||155||9||5||51||43||8||171||171||168|
|Coke-oven cokes||2021 February*||144||142||3||2||43||45||-1||144||144||141|
|Coke-oven cokes||2021 March*||172||157||4||2||45||33||12||172||172||169|
|Coke-oven cokes||2021 April*||141||152||3||2||33||47||-15||141||141||137|
|Coke-oven cokes||2021 May*||175||162||7||4||47||42||6||175||175||171|
|Coke-oven cokes||2021 June*||135||154||23||13||42||84||-43||135||135||131|
|Coke-oven cokes||2021 July*||154||163||8||5||84||101||-17||154||154||151|
|Coke-oven cokes||2021 August*||182||163||4||2||101||85||16||182||182||179|
|Coke-oven cokes||2021 September*||138||157||3||2||85||107||-22||138||138||134|
|Coke-oven cokes||2021 October*||161||164||3||2||12||107||102||6||161||161||158|
This table shows the supply and the consumption of hard coal, lignite + BKB (Braunkohlenbriketts) and coke-oven cokes. Supply is calculated as production plus recovered products plus imports minus exports plus net stock changes. This calculation of the supply results in the amount of hard coal, lignite + BKB (Braunkohlenbriketts) and coke-oven cokes consumed. This consumption is divided into consumption by energy companies, coke oven plants, industry, iron and steel and other consumers. This table is a redesign.
Data available from: January 2015.
Status of the figures:
- figures from 2019 are definite;
- figures of 2020 are revised provisional;
- figures from January 2021 are provisional.
Changes as of 29 December 2021:
Provisional figures for October 2021 has been added.
Changes as of 17 December 2021:
Figures for 2019 have become definite. Figures for 2015 up to and including 2018 have been revised. The most relevant adaptation is a reduction of imports and exports of cokes of a few tens of millions kg annually (corresponding to approximately 2% of consumption).
Changes as of 17 September 2021:
The figures of export have been changed from 2015. The figures of export of hard coal and lignite (brown coal) are adjusted from 0 to blank, according to international guidelines of energy statistics.
A country can not export an energy driver, if there is no (indigenous) production in that country.
Changes as of 24th of December 2020:
New figures of October 2020 have been added. Because of a new method, older figures of import and export have been adjusted. Figures are slightly different. Also the method for lignite have been adjusted.
Changes as of February 28th 2019:
No changes. This table replaces the table Coal and coal product balance sheet 1990-2018. Because of revised supply figures, the former table could not be continued. It was not possible to revise the monthly, quarterly and annual figures of 2014 and earlier.
When will new figures be published?
Provisional figures: in the second month after the month under review.
Revised provisional figures : not later than in the following December.
Definite figures: not later than in December of the second following year.
- Energy supply
- The amount of energy available for consumption in the Netherlands.
- Total energy supply
- The amount of energy available for consumption in the Netherlands (production plus recovered products plus imports and withdrawal from stocks) minus the amount which is not available for consumption (exports).
- The amount of energy transformed from another energy commodity.
- Recovered products
- Slurries and waste-heap shale recovered by mines.
- Imports, total
- Imports of energy commodities.
- Of which from outside EU
- Imports of energy commodities coming from non-EU countries.
- Exports of energy commodities.
- Stocks - beginning of period
- The opening amount of stocks of coal and coal products.
- Stocks - end of period
- The closing amount of stocks of coal and coal products.
- Stock change
- Changes in stock are calculated as opening stock minus closing stock, in accordance with international energy statistics guidelines. A positive figure means that stocks have decreased, and the supply of energy has thus increased. A negative figure means the opposite: an increase in stocks and a decrease in consumption.
- Energy consumption
- The amount of hard coal delivered to consumers in the Netherlands.
- Total consumption
- The amount of energy used by companies, households and transport in the Netherlands. Energy can be used
- for transformation into other energy commodities, this is input minus the energy produced.
- as final consumption.
- Total energy companies
- Electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply.
- Coke-oven plants
- Manufacture of coke oven products, like cokes and coke-oven gas.
- Industry, total
- Of which iron and steel
- This category is made up of the categories:
241 Manufacture of basic iron and steel and of ferro-alloys
242 Manufacture of tubes, pipes, hollow profiles and related fittings of steel
243 Other first processing of steal
2451 Casting of iron
2452 Casting of steel
- Total other consumers
- This category is made up of the categories:
- Services, waste, water and repair