|Periods||Number of gifts (x 1 000)||Total gross value of gifts (million euros )||Mean gross value of gifts (1 000 euros)||Total amount of tax due (million euros )||Mean amount of tax due (1 000 euros)||Total net value of gifts (million euros )||Mean net value of gifts (1 000 euros)|
This table shows statistics about gifts. The gifts are made up for all gifts with a tax-registration on the gift available.
Because of the revision of the income statistics, there are differences between 2010 and 2011. From 2007 until 2010 background characteristics of donors and recipients represent the situation on the 31st of December in that year. From 2011 onwards characteristics from donors and recipients represent the situation on the 1st of January of the given year.
Data available from: 2007.
Status of the figures:
The figures for 2007 to 2016 are final.
Changes as of 17 September 2020:
The figures for 2016 are depicted as final, without any update. A more recent version of the source data was not available, therefore the last received source data was used to make 2016 figures final.
When will new figures be published?
New figures about 2017 and 2018 will be published in the fourth quarter of 2020.
- Number of gifts
- Number of gifts (for which tax-registration is availabe) in the year of publication between a unique donor-recipient combination.
- Total gross value of gifts
- The total gross value of gifts is the total value of all gifts before deduction of tax.
- Mean gross value of gifts
- The mean gross value of gifts is the mean gross amount of gifts.
- Total amount of tax due
- Total amount of taxes due on gifts.
- Mean amount of tax due
- Mean amount of tax due on gifts.
- Total net value of gifts
- The total net value of gifts is the total gross value of all gifts minus the total amount due to taxes.
- Mean net value of gifts
- The mean net value of gifts is the mean value of gross gifts minus the amount due to taxes.