Employment; economic activity, sex, National Accounts
|Sex||Employment type||Sector/branches (SIC 2008)||Periods||Employed persons (x 1,000)||Jobs (x 1,000)||Full-time equivalent (fte) (x 1,000)||Hours worked (million hours)|
|Total male and female||Total||A-U All economic activities||2021*||9,759||10,985||7,951||13,919|
|Total male and female||Employees||A-U All economic activities||2021*||8,075||8,589||6,528||11,012|
|Total male and female||Self-employed||A-U All economic activities||2021*||1,684||2,397||1,423||2,907|
|Male||Total||A-U All economic activities||2021*||5,087||5,674||4,610||8,330|
|Male||Employees||A-U All economic activities||2021*||4,220||4,444||3,753||6,524|
|Male||Self-employed||A-U All economic activities||2021*||867||1,230||858||1,806|
|Female||Total||A-U All economic activities||2021*||4,672||5,312||3,341||5,588|
|Female||Employees||A-U All economic activities||2021*||3,855||4,145||2,775||4,488|
|Female||Self-employed||A-U All economic activities||2021*||817||1,167||566||1,100|
Dataset is not available.
This table provides annual data about the employment of employees and self-employed persons. It contains annual data on employed persons, jobs, full-time equivalent (fte) and hours worked.
Data available from: 1995
Status of the figures:
Data from 1995 up to and including 2019 are final. Data of 2020 and further are provisional.
Changes as of June 24th 2022:
Data of 2021 have been added. Data of 2019 and 2020 have been revised.
When will new figures be published?
Provisional data are published 6 months after the end of the reporting year. Final data are released 30 months after the end of the reporting year.
- Employed persons
- Someone working for a company located in the Netherlands, or an institution or private household in the Netherlands.
- A job is an explicit or implicit employment contract between a person and an economic unit which specifies that labour will be carried out in return for (financial) remuneration.
A distinction is made between jobs of employees and jobs of self-employed persons.
- Full-time equivalent (fte)
- A measure of labour volume, calculated by converting all full-time and part-time jobs to full-time jobs.
- Hours worked
- The number of hours actually worked by someone with a paid job.