Consumption by type of goods and services; National Accounts
Explanation of symbols
Dataset is not available.
This table contains detailed data on final consumption expenditure which are divided into categories of goods and services.
Total final consumption expenditure consist of actual individual final consumption, the final consumption expenditure by households including non-profit institutions, individual and collective final consumption of general government.
Data available from: 1995.
Status of the figures:
Data from 1995 up to and including 2020 are final. Data of 2021 are provisional.
Changes as of June 24th 2022:
Data of 2021 have been added to this table.
When will new figures be published?
Provisional data are published 6 months after the end of the reporting year. Final data are released 18 months after the end of the reporting year.
- Value at current prices
- The values are expressed at prices of the reporting period. Alternatively, values may be expressed at constant prices. In this case, prices of a reference period are used.
- Consumption households and NPISHs
- Consumption expenditure by households and non-profit institutions serving households (NPISHs). Not all expenses made by households are seen as consumptive, households may invest as well. These investments mainly concern the purchase of houses and substantial costs on maintenance. Small costs on maintenance, indoor painting and the purchase of furniture are classified as consumption. This also applies to the purchase of cars and car maintenance.
- Domestic consumption by households
- All consumption which takes place in the Netherlands including consumption of foreign residents in the Netherlands. Consumption by Dutch residents abroad is therefore not included.
- Consumption of services by households
- Consumption of services by households and NPI households.
- Services for house and garden
- Hotels and restaurants services
- Food and beverage serving services
- Accommodation services
- Recreational and cultural services
- Recreational services
- Cultural services
- Transport and communication services
- Financial and business services
- Other services n.e.c.