|Periods||Contribution tourism in current prices Tourism: value added at basic prices (mln euro)||Contribution tourism in current prices Tourism: expenditure total NL economy (mln euro)||Contribution tourism in current prices Recreational household expenditure (mln euro)|
This table contains information about tourist key indicators. Tourism contributes to the Dutch economy (contribution to employment, gross domestic product and value added). Tourism is not an industry in itself, but covers a wide range of products and services. The figures are consistent with the conceptual framework of the National Accounts (NA) and can be compared with existing macroeconomic indicators such as gross domestic product, the total value added and the total number of jobs in the Netherlands. The tourism accounts offer an integrated macroeconomic overview of the importance of tourism to the economy.
Data available from: 2010 up to and including 2016.
Status of the figures:
Data from 2010 up to and including 2014 are final. Data of 2015 and 2016 are provisional. Since this table has been discontinued, data will not become final.
Changes as of 29 August 2018:
None. This table has been discontinued.
Statistics Netherlands has carried out a revision of the national accounts. New statistical sources and estimation methods have been used during the revision. Therefore this table has been replaced by table Tourism; key indicators, National Accounts. For further information see section 3.
When will new figures be published?
Not applicable anymore.
- Contribution tourism in current prices
- Figures are expressed in prices of the relevant reporting year, million euro.
- Tourism: value added at basic prices
- The touristic value added at basic prices in the Netherlands is the value added connected to the internal tourism expenditure.
- Tourism: expenditure total NL economy
- Tourism of visitors, both resident and non-resident, within the economic territory of the Netherlands (inbound and domestic).
A person is resident if it has a centre of economic interest in the economic territory of the Netherlands for more than one year.
A person is a non-resident if its centre of economic activity is not in the economic territory of the Netherlands.
- Recreational household expenditure
- Tourist expenditure by Dutch households with recreational motive plus the tourism consumer durables.