|Taxpayers||Periods||Total environmental taxes and fees (mln euro)||Environmental tax revenues Total environmental tax revenues (mln euro)||Environmental tax revenues Environmental taxes on products Total environmental taxes on products (mln euro)||Environmental tax revenues Mobility tax Total mobility tax (mln euro)||Environmental fees revenues Total environmental fees revenues (mln euro)|
|B-E Industry (no construction), energy||2020*||2,261||1,946||1,668||278||315|
This table presents an overview of the revenues of the environmental taxes and fees. The government charges several taxes and fees to support and finance environmental policy.
The revenues of environmental taxes and fees can be attributed by taxpayer, distinguishing private households, industries and non-residents.
The above mentioned revenues of environmental taxes and fees are presented in the following variables:
-value in current prices, million euros.
Data available from: 1995
Status of the figures:
Figures for 2019 and 2020 are provisional. The revenues of environmental taxes and fees data are consistent in time and in compliance with the Dutch national accounts.
Changes as of 15 November 2021:
Data for 2020 have been added. Data for previous years are adjusted according to the revision policy (see: Status of the figures).
When will new figures be published?
New figures are published annually around September.
- Total environmental taxes and fees
- Environmental tax revenues
- Revenues of taxes that aim to reduce environmentally damaging activities through a price increase. The revenues of these taxes flow into the general budget and are not dedicated to financing environmental measures. Examples of environmental taxes are excise duties on petrol, motor vehicle tax, energy tax and tax on passenger cars and motorcycles.
- Total environmental tax revenues
- Environmental taxes on products
- The following product-related taxes are environmental taxes: tax on groundwater, tap water, waste, petrol, energy and packaging. These come under the environmentally based tax act (Wet belastingen op milieugrondslag).
- Total environmental taxes on products
- Mobility tax
- Tax levied on mobility and transport could also be considered environmental taxes. Examples are taxes on petrol and other mineral oils, motor vehicle tax and the tax on passenger cars and motorcycles. These taxes do not come under the environmentally based taxes.
- Total mobility tax
- Environmental fees revenues
- Environmental fees
Fees to finance specific environmental measures by the government. Examples of environmental fees are sewerage charges, fees on water pollution, noise tax civil aviation, groundwater fee and fees on after-care of refuse dumps.
- Total environmental fees revenues