|Periods||Total population (aantal)||Demographic pressure Total pressure (%)||Live births (number)||Total fertility rate (number)||Deaths (number)||Life expectancy at birth Men (year)||Life expectancy at birth Women (year)||External migration Net migration (incl. net adm. corr.) (number)|
This table contains forecasts (including intervals) of the population of The Netherlands on 1 January by age groups (three age-groups) and population dynamics: live births, deaths and external migration. Furthermore, the table contains information about the total fertility rate, demographic pressure and life expectancy at birth and at age 65 by sex.
Data available: 2012-2060
Status of the figures:
The figures in this table are calculated forecasts.
Changes as of 13 December 2012:
None, this table has been published once-only.
When will new figures be published?
New figures will appear December 2014 in a new table.
- Total population
- Demographic pressure
- Ratio between number of people aged over 65 and younger than 20, and the number of 20 to 65 year-olds. This ratio is an indicator of the pressure of the non-active population on the labour force.
- Total pressure
- The sum of the number of people aged between 0 and 20 and people aged 65 and over, in relation to people aged 20 to 65.
- Live births
- Total fertility rate
- The total fertility rate gives an indication of how many children women
have on average. In order to calculate this figure, age-specific fertility
rates observed in a given calendar year are used which apply to
every childbearing age (ages between 15 and 50).
- Life expectancy at birth
- The number of years men or women can expect to live at the moment they are born.
- External migration
- Net migration (incl. net adm. corr.)
- Immigration minus emigration (including net administrative corrections).