Key figures on fertility, live and stillborn children and multiple births among inhabitants of The Netherlands.
- Live born children by sex;
- Live born children by age of the mother (31 December), in groups;
- Live born children by birth order from the mother;
- Live born children by marital status of the mother;
- Live born children by migration background of the mother;
- Stillborn children by duration of pregnancy;
- Births: single and multiple;
- Average number of children per female;
- Average number of children per male;
- Average age of the mother at childbirth by birth order from the mother;
- Average age of the father at childbirth by birth order from the mother.
Data available from: 1950
Most of the data is available of 1950 with the exception of the live born children by migration background of the mother (from 1996), stillborn children by duration of pregnancy (24+) (from 1991), average number of children per male (from 1996) and the average age of the father at childbirth (from 1996).
Status of the figures:
All data recorded in this publication are final data.
Changes per 17 August 2020:
Data of 2019 have been added.
When will new figures be published?
In the third quarter of 2021 final figures of 2020 will be published in this publication.
|Periods||Live born childrenCrude birth rate (per 1,000 inhabitants)||Live born childrenGeneral Fertility Rate (per 1,000)||Net reproduction rate (number)|