New members appointed to the Advisory Council
Mr Gerrit Zalm, Chair of the Advisory Council, commented: “Ms Insinger will replace Professor Frans van der Wel, whose term of appointment ends on 31 December 2020 and cannot be extended. The Advisory Council has sought a new member with knowledge and experience in the areas of finance, operations and risk management. The Council considers Charlotte Insinger to have the most suitable profile. At the request of the Minister of Economic Affairs, the Advisory Council has made a recommendation for an additional member to handle the competition portfolio.
In Henk Don, the Council has found a person with knowledge and experience in the area of competition matters, management experience and affinity with CBS’ sphere of activities. I’m very pleased that Charlotte and Henk are to reinforce the Council.”
Charlotte Insinger has extensive experience in various administrative and supervisory functions, in both corporate and civil society organisations. She has been on the Audit Committee since 1 January 2017 and will take over Frans van der Wel’s tasks as chair of that Committee. Henk Don was formerly Director of the Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis (CPB) and served on the Board of Directors of the Authority for Consumers and Markets (ACM). In addition, he worked as a professor in applied economics and econometrics.
About the Advisory Council
The role of the Advisory Council is anchored in legislation. It observes the work of CBS as an external supervisory body to ensure the independence of CBS. The Advisory Council has three subcommittees: for ICT, for operations and for the work programme. The members of the Advisory Council and its subcommittees all possess accumulated expertise in various different fields.
The incumbent members of the CBS Advisory Council are:
- Mr. G. (Gerrit) Zalm (chair);
- Mr. J. (Johan) van Hall (vice chair);
- Ms. A.M.A.E. (Anne-Marie) Rakhorst;
- Prof. E.A. (Liesbet) van Zoonen;
- Prof. F. (Frans) van der Wel (chair of the Audit Committee).
One of the tasks of the Advisory Council is to provide the Director General with solicited and unsolicited advice about the performance of his tasks and the exercise of his powers. Topics on which the Advisory Council advise the Director General include:
- CBS’ multi-annual programme and work programme;
- Measures that can be taken to improve the accuracy and completeness of the statistics to be published on behalf of the government so that they meet the needs of professionals, policymakers and academics;
- CBS’ operations and efficient use of resources.
When the position of the Director General becomes vacant, the Advisory Council will draw up a profile, select candidates on the basis of a procedure that is transparent and based exclusively on professional criteria, and make a recommendation to the Minister.
- Article - Angelique Berg appointed as new Director General of CBS
- About us - The Advisory Council