According to the Labour Force Survey (EBB), employment contracts can be classified as follows:
Fixed employment contracts
Persons who have a permanent employment contract and whose working hours are laid down in the employment contract.
Flexible employment contracts
Persons who have an employment contract of limited duration or whose working hours are not laid down in the employment contact
• Persons employed on a temporary basis with the prospect of a permanent contract and fixed working hours;
• Persons working on a temporary basis of twelve months or longer and fixed working hours;
• People with fixed working hours in other temporary employment arrangements;
• On-call and replacement workers;
• Temp workers;
• Employees with permanent contracts without fixed working hours;
• Temporary employees without fixed working hours.
A broader definition of the concept ’flexible job’ is now available. In the past, people employed on a flexible basis with fixed working hours and the prospect of a permanent contract and people employed on a temporary basis with a contract for twelve months or longer and fixed working hours were also included in the category permanent employees.