|Sector/branches (SIC 2008)||Periods||Value at current prices (million USD)||Value at prices of 2017 (million USD)||Value changes (%)||Volume changes (%)|
|A-U All economic activities||2017||446||446||.||.|
|A-U All economic activities||2018||469||464||5.1||3.9|
|A Agriculture, forestry and fishing||2017||.||.||.||.|
|A Agriculture, forestry and fishing||2018||.||.||.||.|
|B Mining and quarrying||2017||.||.||.||.|
|B Mining and quarrying||2018||.||.||.||.|
|D-E Energy, water, waste treatment||2017||15||15||.||.|
|D-E Energy, water, waste treatment||2018||20||14||33.5||-4.9|
|G Wholesale and retail trade||2017||55||55||.||.|
|G Wholesale and retail trade||2018||57||57||3.0||3.7|
|H+J Transport, ICT||2017||46||46||.||.|
|H+J Transport, ICT||2018||38||39||-17.5||-15.5|
|I Accommodation and food serving||2017||44||44||.||.|
|I Accommodation and food serving||2018||50||52||13.9||19.3|
|K Financial institutions||2017||24||24||.||.|
|K Financial institutions||2018||27||28||15.2||18.8|
|L Renting, buying, selling real estate||2017||22||22||.||.|
|L Renting, buying, selling real estate||2018||25||25||13.4||9.5|
|M-N Business services||2017||44||44||.||.|
|M-N Business services||2018||52||50||17.3||12.8|
|O Public administration and services||2017||52||52||.||.|
|O Public administration and services||2018||53||52||1.6||0.3|
|Q Health and social work activities||2017||51||51||.||.|
|Q Health and social work activities||2018||50||49||-2.2||-4.4|
|R-U Culture, recreation, other services||2017||25||25||.||.|
|R-U Culture, recreation, other services||2018||26||26||3.1||3.6|
|Source: © Statistics Netherlands Bonaire/The Hague/Heerlen,|
This table shows the gross value added on an annual basis of Bonaire, including a breakdown by economic activity (SIC 2018). Gross value added is a macroeconomic concept. The volume change of gross value added is a measure of the economic performance of an economy. This volume change is relative to the previous year.
Data available from: 2017
Status of the figures:
The figures in this table are final.
Changes as of 24 September 2020:
None. This is a new table.
When will new figures be published?
New figures of the gross value added of 2019 will be published in the autumn of 2021.
- Value at current prices
- The values are expressed at prices of the reporting period. Alternatively, values may be expressed at constant prices. In this case, prices of a reference period are used.
- Value at prices of 2017
- Gross domestic product (GDP) is a quantity that expresses the size of an economy. The volume change of GDP during a reference period expresses the growth or shrinkage of the economy. Gross domestic product at market prices is the final result of the production activity of resident producer units. It can be defined in three ways:
- production approach: GDP is the sum of gross value added of the various institutional sectors or the various industries plus taxes and less subsidies on products (which are not allocated to sectors and industries). It is also the balancing item in the total economy production account;
- expenditure approach: GDP is the sum of final uses of goods and services by resident institutional units (final consumption and gross capital formation), plus exports and minus imports of goods and services;
- income approach: GDP is the sum of uses in the total economy generation of income account (compensation of employees, taxes on production and imports less subsidies, gross operating surplus and mixed income of the total economy).
The values are expressed at prices of the reference period 2017 by taking account of inflation. Alternatively, values may be expressed at prices of the reporting period.
- Value changes
- The percentage value changes on previous year.
- Volume changes
- The percentage volume changes on previous year.