|Plant protection products||Periods||Sales active ingredient (1000 kg)||Sales active ingredient (indexnumber) (2011=100)|
|Total of all active subtances||2021||9,397||86|
|F Fungicides and bactericides||2021||3,302||78|
|H Herbs and mosses. Inclusive haulm...||2021||2,588||86|
|I Insecticides and acaricides||2021||2,655||140|
|PGR Plant growth regulators||2021||559||271|
|ZR Other plant protection products||2021||262||17|
|F01 Inorganic fungicides||2021||164||126|
|F02 Fung. carbamates , dithiocarbamates||2021||1,370||58|
|F03 Fungicides benzimidazoles||2021||52||48|
|F04 Fungicides, imidazoles, triazoles||2021||320||188|
|F05 Fungicides based on morpholines||2021||43||44|
|F06 Fungicides of microbiol, botanic.||2021||7||1,420|
|F99 Other fungicides||2021||1,335||97|
|H01 Herbicides phenoxy-phytohormones||2021||255||61|
|H02 Herbicides triazines, triazinones||2021||306||97|
|H03 Herbicides, amides, anilides||2021||293||94|
|H04 Herbicides carbamates, bis-carba...||2021||122||48|
|H05 Herbicides dinitroaniline derivates||2021||158||198|
|H06 Herb urea, uracil, sulfonylurea||2021||81||64|
|H99 Other herbicides||2021||1,372||91|
|I01 Insecticides based on pyrethroids||2021||13||149|
|I02 Insecticides chlorinated hydrocar...||2021||3|
|I03 Insecticides based on carbamat, ...||2021||181||189|
|I04 Insecticides based on organopho...||2021||0||0|
|I05 Insecticides microbiol., botanic.||2021||44||930|
|I99 Other insecticides||2021||2,412||140|
|PGR01 Physiological plant growth re...||2021||550||274|
|PGR02 Anti-sprouting products||2021||9||162|
|PGR03 Other plant growth regulators||2021|
|ZR01 Mineral oils||2021|
|ZR02 Vegetal oils||2021||25||346|
|ZR03 Soil sterilants (incl. nematicides)||2021||108||7|
|ZR99 All other plant protection products||2021||129||18,032|
Dataset is not available.
This table contains data on the sales of plant protection products (placed on the market) by the agrochemical industry of the Netherlands.
These products are sold to and used by holdings in sectors like agriculture, horticulture and industry, municipalities and governmental organisations.
Plant protection products are sold (and used) to control diseases, insect plagues or weeds and the
annual amounts of sales is expressed as the weight of the active substance.
The figures are given of six major groups: fungicides and bactericides (F); herbicides, haulm destructors and moss killers (H); insecticides and acaricides (I); molluscicides (M); plant growth regulators (PGR); other plant protection products (ZR). These six major groups are subdivided in 31 categories of products. Each active substance is in only one major group or only one category of products.
Data available from: 2010
Status of the figures:
All the figures are definitive.
Changes as of 28 February 2023:
- Definitive figures of 2021 have been added.
- The years 2020 and 2019 are corrected by the dataprovider. In 2020 Total sales goes upwards, because of an increase of Other Fungicides and Bactericides (F99), Other Herbicides (H99) and Other Insecticides (I99) and a decrease of Vegetal oils (ZR02). In 2019 Total sales goes downwards, because of a decrease of Insecticides of microbiological or botanical origin (I05).
Changes as of 16 September 2022:
Definitive figures of 2020 have been added.
During quality control it appeared that the index figures were wrongly shown by a technical mistake, if the index is higher than 999.
It happened at I05 2015 and ZR99 2018-2020. This is restored.
Changes as of 12 April 2022:
There are revised salesdata for 4 substances received. This results in revision of total 2010-2020, major groups F en H 2010-2020 and category of products F99 and H99 2010-2020. Major group PGR needed revision for 2019. Category of products PGR01 changes only in 2019 and H04 only in 2020.
Changes as of 31 March 2022:
The underlying coding of classifications (Plant protection products) used in this table has been adjusted.
It is now in line with the standard encoding defined by CBS.
The structure and data of the table have not been adjusted.
Changes as of 31 January 2022:
- Provisional figures of 2020 have been added.
Changes as of 28 May 2021:
- Definitive figures of 2019 have been added.
- Because of changes in the authorisations figures of 2010-2018 for mineral oils have been improved to paraffin oil. This results in a decrease of sales at Other plant protection, while on the other hand there is an increase at Insecticides. Total sales stays the same.
- The sales of microbiological compounds have been included in 2010-2018. This gives a (small) increase at Fungicides and Insecticides.
- Index 2010-2018 is corrected to nothing (empty) for categories of products which were not authorised in 2011.
- The international codes have been adjusted to the names of substances to be more explicit about the name.
When will new figures be published?
Provisional figures over 2022 for major group and category of products will become available at January 2024.
- Sales active ingredient
- Sales active ingredient (indexnumber)