|Periods||Number of amusement and theme parks (number)||Employed staff Number of employees (number)||Operating costs and revenues Revenues Total revenues (mln euros)||Operating costs and revenues Costs Total costs (mln euros)||Paying visitors Total number of paying visitors (x 1 000)|
This table presents an overview of amusement and theme parks that are operated by organisations registered at the Chambers of Commerce. It presents information on the
number of amusement and theme parks, the number of visitors, employed staff and the operating costs and revenues.
Data available from: 1998 - 2018
No statistics have been compiled for 2000.
Status of the figures: all figures are definite.
Changes as of March 2022:
This table has been discontinued.
When will new figures be published?
No longer applicable. This table is succeeded by the new Amusement and theme parks; visitors, staff, costs and revenues see section 3 relevant tables.
- Number of amusement and theme parks
- The number of amusement and theme parks in this table differs from the
number published in the table of Enterprises by economic activity.
The number published in the table of Enterprises by economic activity
is based on registrations with the Chambers of Commerce.
The number published in this table on the other hand is based on a more
detailed analysis of the activities of the relevant enterprises.
- Employed staff
- The persons that are on the payroll of a company or organisation.
This means that self-employed owners and the family members who
assist in their company are not included. Neither are temporary employees.
- Number of employees
- The average number of employed staff during the period the amusement
and theme parks are opened to the public.
- Operating costs and revenues
- Operating revenues excluding withdrawals from reserves and negative
Operating costs excluding transfers to reserves and positive balances
- Next to the total sum of revenues, the different revenue items are shown
as a percentage of total revenues.
- Total revenues
- Excluding withdrawals from reserves and negative balances.
- Next to the total sum of costs, the different cost items are shown as a
percentage of total costs.
- Total costs
- Excluding transfers to reserves and positive balances.
- Paying visitors
- Next to the total number of paying visitors, the percentage of foreign
visitors among them is presented.
- Total number of paying visitors