|Coal and coal products||Periods||Energy supply Total energy supply (million kg)||Energy supply Production (million kg)||Energy supply Recovered products (million kg)||Energy supply Imports, total (million kg)||Energy supply Of which from outside EU (million kg)||Energy supply Exports (million kg)||Energy supply Stocks - beginning of period (miilion kg)||Energy supply Stocks - end of period (million kg)||Energy supply Stock change (million kg)||Statistical differences (million kg)||Energy consumption Total consumption (million kg)||Energy consumption Total energy companies (million kg)||Energy consumption Coke-oven plants (million kg)||Energy consumption Industry, total (million kg)||Energy consumption Of which iron and steel (million kg)||Energy consumption Total other consumers (million kg)|
|Hard coal||2017 November||1,252||1,156||1,156||0||923||828||96||0||1,252||876||233||143||139||0|
|Hard coal||2018 August*||1,005||1,061||1,061||0||799||856||-56||0||1,005||637||246||122||116||0|
|Hard coal||2018 September*||1,102||1,143||1,143||0||856||897||-41||0||1,102||757||237||109||103||0|
|Hard coal||2018 October*||1,156||1,221||1,221||0||897||962||-66||0||1,156||861||243||51||48||0|
|Hard coal||2018 November*||956||988||988||0||964||996||-32||0||956||619||214||123||118||0|
|Lignite and BKB (Braunkohlenbriketts)||2017 November||7||7||0||0||0||0||0||0||7||6||1|
|Lignite and BKB (Braunkohlenbriketts)||2018 August*||10||10||0||0||0||0||0||0||10||10||1|
|Lignite and BKB (Braunkohlenbriketts)||2018 September*||9||9||0||0||0||0||0||0||9||9||1|
|Lignite and BKB (Braunkohlenbriketts)||2018 October*||7||7||0||0||0||0||0||0||7||6||1|
|Lignite and BKB (Braunkohlenbriketts)||2018 November*||7||7||0||0||0||0||0||0||7||6||1|
|Coke-oven cokes||2017 November||172||162||6||5||5||41||32||9||0||172||172||167|
|Coke-oven cokes||2018 August*||159||175||8||4||0||45||69||-24||0||159||159||155|
|Coke-oven cokes||2018 September*||134||167||11||9||5||69||107||-39||0||134||134||131|
|Coke-oven cokes||2018 October*||168||172||8||3||0||107||119||-12||0||168||168||165|
|Coke-oven cokes||2018 November*||177||154||9||8||14||120||92||27||0||177||177||173|
This table shows the supply and the consumption of hard coal, lignite + BKB (Braunkohlenbriketts) and coke-oven cokes in a balance sheet. Supply is calculated as production plus recovered products plus imports minus exports plus net stock changes. This calculation of the supply results in the amount of hard coal, lignite + BKB (Braunkohlenbriketts) and coke-oven cokes consumed in the period concerned. This consumption is divided into consumption by energy companies, coke oven plants, industry, iron and steel and other consumers. Other consumers are i.e. services and households.
Data available from: January 1990 up to November 2018.
Status of the figures:
All figures up to 2015 are definite.
Figures from January 2016 are revised provisional.
Figures from January 2018 are provisional.
The status of the figures will not be changed, because this table has been discontinued.
Changes as of February 28th 2019:
None. This table has been discontinued. Because of revised supply figures. It was not possible to revise the monthly, quarterly and annual figures of 2014 and earlier.
Changes as of August 3rd 2018:
- From January 1990 supply and consumption figures of lignite + BKB (Braunkohlenbriketts) and coke-oven cokes have been added.
- From reporting year 2015 onwards, the transit from the import and export figures of hard coal has been removed.
- Provisional figures of January up to and including May 2018 have been added.
When will new figures be published?
Not applicable anymore. This table will be continued by Coal and coal products balance sheet; supply and consumption. See section 3.
- Energy supply
- The amount of energy available for consumption in the Netherlands.
- Total energy supply
- The amount of energy available for consumption in the Netherlands (production plus recovered products plus imports and withdrawal from stocks) minus the amount which is not available for consumption (exports).
- The amount of energy transformed from another energy commodity.
- Recovered products
- Slurries and waste-heap shale recovered by mines.
- Imports, total
- Imports of energy commodities.
- Of which from outside EU
- Imports of energy commodities coming from non-EU countries.
- Exports of energy commodities.
- Stocks - beginning of period
- The opening amount of stocks of coal and coal products.
- Stocks - end of period
- The closing amount of stocks of coal and coal products.
- Stock change
- Changes in stock are calculated as opening stock minus closing stock, in accordance with international energy statistics guidelines. A positive figure means that stocks have decreased, and the supply of energy has thus increased. A negative figure means the opposite: an increase in stocks and a decrease in consumption.
- Statistical differences
- The difference between the energy sypply and energy consumption of an energy commodity.
This difference arises because the figures on supply and consumption come from different sources
For many energy commodities, the difference is allocated to supply or consumption. Then this statistical difference is nil.
- Energy consumption
- The amount of hard coal delivered to consumers in the Netherlands.
- Total consumption
- The amount of energy used by companies, households and transport in the Netherlands. Energy can be used
- for transformation into other energy commodities, this is input minus the energy produced.
- as final consumption.
- Total energy companies
- Electricity, gas, steam and air conditioning supply.
- Coke-oven plants
- Manufacture of coke oven products, like cokes and coke-oven gas.
- Industry, total
- Of which iron and steel
- This category is made up of the categories:
241 Manufacture of basic iron and steel and of ferro-alloys
242 Manufacture of tubes, pipes, hollow profiles and related fittings of steel
243 Other first processing of steal
2451 Casting of iron
2452 Casting of steel
- Total other consumers
- This category is made up of the categories:
- Services, waste, water and repair