Expenditure on healthcare in accordance with the international definition of the System of Health Accounts. This includes the following groups of activities (including the use of medicines and aids and of support services such as ambulance transport):
- health promotion and disease prevention;
- diagnosis, treatment, curing and rehabilitation;
- care for the chronically ill;
- care for persons with health restrictions or disabilities;
- palliative care;
- provision of public health programmes;
- administration and management of healthcare and its funding.