What is it?
Figures on (characteristics of) recipients of social assistance benefits in your municipality. The primary aim of the study is to look at the current situation of persons who were receiving such benefits at a certain point in time. How was their situation after 6, 12 or 18 months? Were they still receiving benefits? Were they employed? Or did they switch from benefits to work, for example, but then received unemployment benefits before eventually going back to receiving social assistance? These flows are mapped. This allows for further identification of these persons’ background characteristics such as sex, age and type of household.
The study can be extended with an analysis of the effect of reintegration programmes. What are the benefits of such programmes? Do the different programmes contribute to getting persons off social assistance benefits successfully? And which reintegration programmes are the most effective for which target groups? This provides an overview of the extent to which (certain types of) reintegration programmes contribute to sustainable outflow. For this part, your municipality supplies its own data on reintegration programmes, which are subsequently linked to CBS data.
The results of the study are shown in an interactive dashboard for the Leidschendam-Voorburg municipality.
What are the benefits?
- Insight into the background characteristics of social assistance benefit recipients (age, sex, position in household)
- Figures on different types of social assistance benefit recipients, such as persons who have received benefits without interruption, those who have moved towards sustainable employment, or repeat recipients
- Information on how the benefit recipients are doing. How many remain benefit recipients and how many move from social assistance to employment, possibly via a reintegration programme?
- Information on the work obtained after outflow from social assistance. For example, in which sectors have they found work? What are their wages? Do they have a fixed or flexible contract?
- Option to draw comparisons between different groups. For instance, between the groups who did and who did not participate in a reintegration programme. Or between those in sustainable outflow and those whose outflow was short-term or who never left the welfare system. Have they participated in a different reintegration programme? Or do the person’s background characteristics affect outflow success?