Integration requirement

Source: IND

If you have been granted a residence permit, you may be required to obtain the civic integration diploma. In any of the following cases, you do not have to take the exam:
• you have a Dutch passport
• you are from the European Union (EU), the European Economic Area (EER), Turkey or Switzerland
• you are younger than 18 years of age
• you have reached the legal AOW pension age
• you have lived in the Netherlands for at least 8 years during the compulsory school age
• you have a Dutch diploma, certificate or supporting document of a specific course in the Dutch language
• you come to the Netherlands temporarily for study or work (as an expat, for example)