Young people in the age category 15-25 attending some form of education. Those who attended regular education in the four weeks prior to the survey or stated it was their intention to embark on some kind of education programme after the summer holiday are included in the category of people who attend education.
Regular education includes education, training and schooling programmes. After graduation, students receive an officially recognised Dutch certificate. In the Labour Survey, five types of education are distinguished:
- primary and secondary education, including special education
- secondary vocational education, including practical training and education programmes for children in need of extra supervision (LWOO)
- higher vocational and university education
- learn-on-the-job programmes
- types of education (excluding correspondence courses) lasting for at least one year.