|Economic sectors (SIC 2008)||Regions||Periods||Output (basic prices) (million euro's)||Intermediate consumption (million euro's)||Gross value added (million euro's)||Compensation of employees (million euro's)||Taxes, not product-related (million euro's)||Subsidies, not product-related (million euro's)||Gross operating surplus (million euro's)||Labour input of employed persons (1,000 fte's)||Labour input of employees (1,000 fte's)|
|O-Q Government and care||The Netherlands||2019*||225,740||72,901||152,839||114,425||1,299||2,284||39,399||1,998.5||1,800.5|
|O-Q Government and care||Noord-Nederland (LD)||2019*||22,343||7,119||15,224||11,554||126||242||3,786||207.8||188.0|
|O-Q Government and care||Oost-Nederland (LD)||2019*||43,668||13,804||29,864||22,624||249||446||7,437||410.4||368.2|
|O-Q Government and care||West-Nederland (LD)||2019*||117,255||38,438||78,818||58,499||683||1,147||20,783||988.8||893.9|
|O-Q Government and care||Zuid-Nederland (LD)||2019*||42,192||13,429||28,763||21,625||239||450||7,348||389.8||348.7|
|O-Q Government and care||Extra-Regio (LD)||2019*||281||112||170||123||2||0||45||1.8||1.8|
|O-Q Government and care||Groningen (PV)||2019*||9,489||3,026||6,463||4,863||52||120||1,668||82.7||76.1|
|O-Q Government and care||Fryslân (PV)||2019*||7,271||2,300||4,971||3,755||42||66||1,240||70.2||62.6|
|O-Q Government and care||Drenthe (PV)||2019*||5,583||1,793||3,790||2,936||32||56||878||54.8||49.4|
|O-Q Government and care||Overijssel (PV)||2019*||14,086||4,397||9,689||7,377||80||145||2,377||134.1||121.4|
|O-Q Government and care||Flevoland (PV)||2019*||3,926||1,261||2,665||1,977||24||28||692||36.0||31.4|
|O-Q Government and care||Gelderland (PV)||2019*||25,657||8,146||17,511||13,270||145||273||4,368||240.3||215.3|
|O-Q Government and care||Utrecht (PV)||2019*||23,400||7,741||15,659||11,453||137||230||4,299||189.2||171.7|
|O-Q Government and care||Noord-Holland (PV)||2019*||37,157||12,019||25,138||18,633||213||396||6,687||322.3||287.2|
|O-Q Government and care||Zuid-Holland (PV)||2019*||52,861||17,456||35,405||26,444||311||480||9,130||440.6||402.5|
|O-Q Government and care||Zeeland (PV)||2019*||3,838||1,221||2,616||1,969||22||42||667||36.7||32.6|
|O-Q Government and care||Noord-Brabant (PV)||2019*||28,763||9,139||19,625||14,797||165||289||4,952||267.1||238.9|
|O-Q Government and care||Limburg (PV)||2019*||13,429||4,290||9,138||6,828||74||161||2,397||122.7||109.8|
|O-Q Government and care||Oost-Groningen (CR)||2019*||1,284||405||879||705||7||13||180||13.2||11.9|
|O-Q Government and care||Delfzijl en omgeving (CR)||2019*||300||93||207||159||2||2||47||3.2||2.8|
|O-Q Government and care||Overig Groningen (CR)||2019*||7,905||2,528||5,377||3,999||43||105||1,441||66.3||61.4|
|O-Q Government and care||Noord-Friesland (CR)||2019*||4,168||1,356||2,812||2,096||25||34||725||37.5||33.8|
|O-Q Government and care||Zuidwest-Friesland (CR)||2019*||1,081||331||750||574||6||9||179||11.7||10.0|
|O-Q Government and care||Zuidoost-Friesland (CR)||2019*||2,022||612||1,410||1,085||11||23||336||21.1||18.7|
|O-Q Government and care||Noord-Drenthe (CR)||2019*||2,608||857||1,751||1,385||15||23||374||24.9||22.5|
|O-Q Government and care||Zuidoost-Drenthe (CR)||2019*||1,442||450||991||753||8||19||249||14.6||13.1|
|O-Q Government and care||Zuidwest-Drenthe (CR)||2019*||1,534||485||1,048||798||9||14||256||15.3||13.8|
|O-Q Government and care||Noord-Overijssel (CR)||2019*||5,484||1,751||3,733||2,856||32||54||898||50.5||46.1|
|O-Q Government and care||Zuidwest-Overijssel (CR)||2019*||1,582||483||1,099||843||8||21||268||15.7||14.0|
|O-Q Government and care||Twente (CR)||2019*||7,020||2,164||4,856||3,677||40||70||1,210||67.8||61.4|
|O-Q Government and care||Veluwe (CR)||2019*||9,066||2,942||6,124||4,639||54||68||1,500||83.4||75.8|
|O-Q Government and care||Achterhoek (CR)||2019*||3,761||1,161||2,600||1,975||21||41||644||38.5||33.6|
|O-Q Government and care||Arnhem/Nijmegen (CR)||2019*||11,155||3,522||7,633||5,782||61||150||1,940||100.6||90.6|
|O-Q Government and care||Zuidwest-Gelderland (CR)||2019*||1,675||521||1,154||874||10||14||284||17.9||15.2|
|O-Q Government and care||Utrecht (CR)||2019*||23,400||7,741||15,659||11,453||137||230||4,299||189.2||171.7|
|O-Q Government and care||Kop van Noord-Holland (CR)||2019*||4,051||1,359||2,693||2,063||25||24||628||38.1||34.1|
|O-Q Government and care||Alkmaar en omgeving (CR)||2019*||3,086||991||2,094||1,517||17||37||597||27.7||24.6|
|O-Q Government and care||IJmond (CR)||2019*||1,515||469||1,046||798||9||17||257||15.1||13.2|
|O-Q Government and care||Agglomeratie Haarlem (CR)||2019*||2,885||930||1,955||1,427||17||25||535||25.4||22.0|
|O-Q Government and care||Zaanstreek (CR)||2019*||1,356||435||920||750||8||13||176||13.7||12.0|
|O-Q Government and care||Groot-Amsterdam (CR)||2019*||21,786||7,079||14,707||10,791||124||249||4,041||177.4||159.9|
|O-Q Government and care||Het Gooi en Vechtstreek (CR)||2019*||2,478||755||1,723||1,287||14||30||452||24.9||21.4|
|O-Q Government and care||Agglomeratie Leiden en Bollenstreek (CR)||2019*||5,565||1,703||3,862||2,916||29||82||999||50.8||45.9|
|O-Q Government and care||Agglomeratie 's-Gravenhage (CR)||2019*||19,084||6,747||12,337||9,275||119||111||3,054||141.7||131.6|
|O-Q Government and care||Delft en Westland (CR)||2019*||2,928||876||2,052||1,549||17||23||509||26.3||24.0|
|O-Q Government and care||Oost-Zuid-Holland (CR)||2019*||2,722||840||1,882||1,447||16||23||441||27.6||24.1|
|O-Q Government and care||Groot-Rijnmond (CR)||2019*||18,963||6,147||12,815||9,460||109||197||3,443||160.9||147.2|
|O-Q Government and care||Zuidoost-Zuid-Holland (CR)||2019*||3,599||1,142||2,458||1,797||20||43||684||33.3||29.7|
|O-Q Government and care||Zeeuwsch-Vlaanderen (CR)||2019*||885||279||606||457||5||14||158||8.7||7.7|
|O-Q Government and care||Overig Zeeland (CR)||2019*||2,953||942||2,011||1,512||17||28||509||28.1||24.9|
|O-Q Government and care||West-Noord-Brabant (CR)||2019*||7,589||2,470||5,119||3,795||44||72||1,351||66.9||60.4|
|O-Q Government and care||Midden-Noord-Brabant (CR)||2019*||4,992||1,539||3,452||2,584||29||46||885||47.9||42.4|
|O-Q Government and care||Noordoost-Noord-Brabant (CR)||2019*||7,235||2,313||4,922||3,773||41||74||1,182||68.5||60.9|
|O-Q Government and care||Zuidoost-Noord-Brabant (CR)||2019*||8,948||2,817||6,132||4,644||51||97||1,533||83.7||75.1|
|O-Q Government and care||Noord-Limburg (CR)||2019*||2,711||864||1,847||1,415||15||29||446||26.9||23.9|
|O-Q Government and care||Midden-Limburg (CR)||2019*||2,503||806||1,697||1,244||14||26||464||23.4||20.7|
|O-Q Government and care||Zuid-Limburg (CR)||2019*||8,215||2,621||5,595||4,169||45||106||1,487||72.3||65.2|
|O-Q Government and care||Flevoland (CR)||2019*||3,926||1,261||2,665||1,977||24||28||692||36.0||31.4|
|O-Q Government and care||Utrecht-West (CP)||2019*||803||251||552||411||5||6||142||8.5||6.9|
|O-Q Government and care||Stadsgewest Amersfoort (CP)||2019*||3,711||1,166||2,546||1,901||21||38||661||34.7||30.5|
|O-Q Government and care||Stadsgewest Utrecht (CP)||2019*||17,038||5,699||11,339||8,239||99||180||3,181||129.4||119.9|
|O-Q Government and care||Zuidoost-Utrecht (CP)||2019*||1,848||625||1,223||902||12||7||316||16.5||14.4|
|O-Q Government and care||Amsterdam (CP)||2019*||16,908||5,488||11,420||8,326||95||208||3,207||132.8||120.8|
|O-Q Government and care||Overig Agglomeratie Amsterdam (CP)||2019*||1,538||502||1,036||756||9||14||285||14.0||12.0|
|O-Q Government and care||Edam-Volendam en omgeving (CP)||2019*||1,079||334||745||569||6||12||182||11.1||9.6|
|O-Q Government and care||Haarlemmermeer en omgeving (CP)||2019*||2,261||756||1,505||1,139||14||16||368||19.5||17.5|
|O-Q Government and care||Aggl.'s-Gravenhage excl. Zoetermeer (CP)||2019*||17,690||6,283||11,407||8,522||111||100||2,874||128.9||120.2|
|O-Q Government and care||Zoetermeer (CP)||2019*||1,394||464||930||753||8||11||179||12.8||11.5|
|O-Q Government and care||Rijnmond (CP)||2019*||17,932||5,831||12,101||8,910||103||187||3,275||149.6||137.6|
|O-Q Government and care||Overig Groot-Rijnmond (CP)||2019*||1,030||316||715||550||6||9||168||11.3||9.6|
|O-Q Government and care||Drechtsteden (CP)||2019*||2,665||848||1,817||1,354||15||31||479||24.6||22.3|
|O-Q Government and care||Overig Zuidoost-Zuid-Holland (CP)||2019*||935||294||641||443||5||12||205||8.7||7.4|
|O-Q Government and care||Stadsgewest 's-Hertogenbosch (CP)||2019*||4,347||1,413||2,933||2,255||25||43||697||38.8||35.0|
|O-Q Government and care||Overig Noordoost-Noord-Brabant (CP)||2019*||2,888||899||1,989||1,519||16||31||485||29.7||25.8|
|O-Q Government and care||Almere (CP)||2019*||1,965||626||1,339||999||12||17||346||17.9||15.6|
|O-Q Government and care||Flevoland-Midden (CP)||2019*||1,526||508||1,018||739||9||8||278||13.2||11.7|
|O-Q Government and care||Noordoostpolder en Urk (CP)||2019*||435||127||308||239||3||2||68||4.9||4.1|
This table contents figures of the Regional accounts.
Regional accounts are consistent with National accounts, except for differences due to rounding, and also with Eurostat's European System of National and Regional Accounts 2010 (ESA 2010).
The new Standard Industrial Classification 2008 (SIC 2008) is used in the National and Regional Accounts of the Netherlands. This code is based on the European classification Nomenclature générale des Activités économiques dans la Communauté Européenne (NACE Rev. 2) which is used in all Member States of the European Union. It is in use for the year 2008 onwards. The amounts in this publication are in current prices only.
Data available from: 1995
Status of the figures:
The figures of the year 1995 to 2018 are final. Data of the year 2019 are also final, but the figures on Labour input of employed persons and Labour input of employees are an exception, due to the late availability of annual data on self-employed persons. These final figures are published a year after.
Changes as of November 16th, 2021:
The figures of the year 2018 are final and the figures of the provisional year 2019 are added.
When will new figures be published?
New figures of reporting year 2020 will be published in October 2022.
- Output (basic prices)
- Output covers the value of all goods produced for sale, including unsold goods, and all receipts for services rendered. Output furthermore covers the market equivalent of goods and services produced for own use, such as own account capital formation, services of owner-occupied dwellings and agricultural products produced by farmers for own consumption. The output of such goods is estimated by valuing the quantities produced against the price that the producer would have received if these goods had been sold. Output is valued at basic prices, defined as the price received by the producer excluding trade and transport margins and the balance of taxesand subsidies on products. This is the price the producer is ultimately left with.
- Intermediate consumption
- Intermediate consumption includes all goods and services used up in the production process in the accounting period, regardless the date of purchase. This includes for example fuel, raw materials, semi manufactured goods, communication services, cleansing services and audits by accountants. Intermediate consumption is valued at purchasers' prices, excluding deductible VAT. For companies which do not need to charge VAT on their sales, the VAT paid by their purchases is non-deductible. It is therefore recorded as a component of intermediate consumption.
- Gross value added
- Value added at basic prices by industry is equal to the difference between output (basic prices) and intermediate consumption (purchasers' prices).
- Compensation of employees
- Compensation of employees is the total renumeration paid by employers to their employees in return for work done. Employees are all residents and non-residents working in a paid job. Managing directors of limited companies are considered to be employees;
therefore their salaries are also included in the compensation of employees. The same holds for people working in sheltered workshops. Compensation of employees is distinguished between wages and salaries and employers' social contributions.
- Taxes, not product-related
- Taxes on production paid by producers, not related to the value or volume of the products produced or transacted. Examples are real estate tax and sewerage charges paid by producers.
- Subsidies, not product-related
- Subsidies on production paid to producers, not related to the value or volume of products domestically produced or transacted. These are mainly wage subsidies.
- Gross operating surplus
- The gross operating surplus by industry is the balance that remains after deducting from the value added (basic prices) the compensation of employees and the balance of not product-related taxes and not product-related subsidies on production. The operating surplus of family enterprises is called mixed income, because it also contains compensation for work by the owners and their family members. On the level of the total economy operating surplus is computed by adding to the total of the industries the difference imputed and paid VAT.
- Labour input of employed persons
- Labour input of employed persons is defined as the number of full-time equivalent jobs. Part-time jobs are converted to full-time jobs. For employees a full-time equivalent job is the annual contractual hours considered full-time in that branch of industry. For self-employed a full-time equivalent job is the quotient of the usual weekly work hours of that job and the average weekly work hours of self-employed with 37 or more normal weekly hours in the same branch of industry.
- Labour input of employees
- Labour input of employees is defined as the number of full-time equivalent jobs. Part-time jobs are converted to full-time jobs. For employees a full-time equivalent job is the annual contractual hours considered full-time in that branch of industry.