|Type of data||Periods||Additional details Gross fixed capital formation By type of fixed assets Fixed assets from production and imports Other buildings and structures Costs of ownership transfer of land (million euros)|
|Prices of 2015||2022 1st quarter*||634|
|Prices of 2015 seasonally adjusted||2022 1st quarter*||.|
|Current prices||2022 1st quarter*||1,301|
|Current prices, seasonally adjusted||2022 1st quarter*||.|
This table provides data from Quarterly National Accounts (QNA) of Statistics The Netherlands. It contains quarterly and annual data on production, expenditures, income and external economic transactions of The Netherlands.
Data available from 1995.
Status of the figures:
Annual data of the period 1995-2020 are final. Quarterly data of 2020, 2021 and 2022 are provisional.
Changes as of June 24th 2022:
Data of the final estimate of 2022q1 have been added to this table.
Dividends in 2019 payed by non-financial corporations to non-financial corporations are revised downwards. Payments to households and the rest of the world are revised upwards. Therefore, data of some time series in the calculation of National net lending or net borrowing in 2019 have been changed.
Adjustments as of August 17th 2021:
The next adjustments were made in this version:
- The base year of chained volume data of seven time series of the group ‘National net lending or net borrowing’ was shifted from 2010 to 2015. This leads to changes in value, volume changes and prices of these time series.
- Some small rounding changes were made in the time series ‘Total final expenditure’ and ‘Changes in inventories’.
When will new figures be published?
The preliminary estimate (flash estimate) of a quarter is released within 45 days. The second estimate is published after 85 days. At the second estimate of the fourth quarter, data of the previous three quarters will also be revised. If (new) annual figures become available in June, the quarterly figures will be revised again to bring them in line with the annual figures.
- Additional details
- The additional details of some variables in the previous parts of this table are being given in this section.
- Gross fixed capital formation
- Expenditure on produced assets that are used in a production process for more than one year. This may concern a building, dwelling, transport equipment or a machine. This in contrast with goods and services which are used up during the production process, the so-called intermediate use (e.g. iron ore). Fixed capital does lose value over time as a result of normal wear and tear and obsolescence. This is called consumption of fixed capital (also called depreciation). The value of fixed capital formation in which the consumption of fixed capital is not deducted is called gross fixed capital formation. Deduction of the consumption of fixed capital results in net fixed capital formation.
The following types of fixed assets exist: dwellings and other buildings and structures, machinery and equipment, transport equipment, weapon systems (included in machinery and equipment), computers, software, telecommunication equipment, research and development, cultivated biological resources, mineral exploration and evaluation, and costs of ownership transfer on non-produced assets, like land, contracts, leases and licenses.
- By type of fixed assets
- Gross fixed capital formation by type of capital goods
- Fixed assets from production and imports
- Fixed assets from production and imports.
- Other buildings and structures
- Other buildings and structures consist of buildings other than dwellings, other structures and land improvements, as defined below. Uncompleted buildings and structures are included to the extent that the ultimate user is deemed to have taken ownership, either because the construction is for own use or as evidenced by the existence of a contract of sale/purchase. Buildings and structures acquired for military purposes are included. The value of other buildings and structures is net of the value of land underlying them, which is included in land if separately classified.
- Costs of ownership transfer of land
- The costs of ownership transfer of land.