|Plant protection products||Periods||Sales active ingredient (1000 kg)||Sales active ingredient (indexnumber) (2011=100)|
|ZR Other plant protection products||2020||307||20|
|PGR02 Anti-sprouting products||2020||18||336|
|ZR99 All other plant protection products||2020||90||12,563|
This table contains data on the sales of plant protection products (placed on the market) by the agrochemical industry of the Netherlands.
These products are sold to and used by holdings in sectors like agriculture, horticulture and industry, municipalities and governmental organisations.
Plant protection products are sold (and used) to control diseases, insect plagues or weeds and the
annual amounts of sales is expressed as the weight of the active substance.
The figures are given of six major groups: fungicides and bactericides (F); herbicides, haulm destructors and moss killers (H); insecticides and acaricides (I); molluscicides (M); plant growth regulators (PGR); other plant protection products (ZR). These six major groups are subdivided in 31 categories of products. Each active substance is in only one major group or only one category of products.
Data available from: 2010
Status of the figures:
All the figures are definitive.
Changes as of 16 September 2022:
Definitive figures of 2020 have been added.
During quality control it appeared that the index figures were wrongly shown by a technical mistake, if the index is higher than 999.
It happened at I05 2015 and ZR99 2018-2020. This is restored.
Changes as of 12 April 2022:
There are revised salesdata for 4 substances received. This results in revision of total 2010-2020, major groups F en H 2010-2020 and category of products F99 and H99 2010-2020. Major group PGR needed revision for 2019. Category of products PGR01 changes only in 2019 and H04 only in 2020.
Changes as of 31 March 2022:
The underlying coding of classifications (Plant protection products) used in this table has been adjusted.
It is now in line with the standard encoding defined by CBS.
The structure and data of the table have not been adjusted.
Changes as of 31 January 2022:
- Provisional figures of 2020 have been added.
Changes as of 28 May 2021:
- Definitive figures of 2019 have been added.
- Because of changes in the authorisations figures of 2010-2018 for mineral oils have been improved to paraffin oil. This results in a decrease of sales at Other plant protection, while on the other hand there is an increase at Insecticides. Total sales stays the same.
- The sales of microbiological compounds have been included in 2010-2018. This gives a (small) increase at Fungicides and Insecticides.
- Index 2010-2018 is corrected to nothing (empty) for categories of products which were not authorised in 2011.
- The international codes have been adjusted to the names of substances to be more explicit about the name.
When will new figures be published?
Provisional figures over 2021 for major group and category of products will become available at January 2023.
- Sales active ingredient
- Sales active ingredient (indexnumber)