|Sectors||Type of non-financial asset||Periods||Opening balance sheet (mln euro)||Changes in non-financial balance sheet Revaluation (mln euro)||Changes in non-financial balance sheet Capital formation (mln euro)||Changes in non-financial balance sheet Other changes in volume (mln euro)||Changes in non-financial balance sheet Statistical discrepancy (mln euro)||Closing balance sheet (mln euro)||Volume indices 2010=100 (2010 = 100)|
|All sectors||Total of non-financial assets||2016*||3,210,844||23,193||26,245||-62||-161||3,260,059||103.2|
|All sectors||Total fixed assets||2016*||2,000,991||2,395||25,660||-184||-121||2,028,742||105.2|
|All sectors||Non-residential buildings||2016*||367,254||-1,236||919||-298||-36||366,604||101.4|
|All sectors||Civil engineering works||2016*||368,718||-399||5,714||0||-30||374,002||110.6|
|All sectors||Cost of ownership transfer on land||2016*||16,417||345||1,134||0||-79||17,817||119.3|
|All sectors||Total transport equipment||2016*||59,852||637||2,035||0||135||62,659||113.4|
|All sectors||Passenger cars||2016*||22,321||294||-382||0||97||22,330||111.5|
|All sectors||Other road transport equipment||2016*||8,656||59||1,028||0||34||9,778||119.9|
|All sectors||Trains and trams||2016*||6,678||128||-34||0||19||6,792||104.0|
|All sectors||Telecommunications equipment||2016*||2,152||-39||162||0||72||2,347||184.1|
|All sectors||Machinery and equipment||2016*||179,768||1,300||2,066||0||-8||183,126||105.2|
|All sectors||Other tangible fixed assets||2016*||26,236||246||-178||0||113||26,417||87.6|
|All sectors||Cultivated assets||2016*||2,725||-13||171||-184||1||2,699||90.8|
|All sectors||Research and development||2016*||68,234||1,023||908||0||-9||70,156||106.6|
|All sectors||Computer software and databases||2016*||42,512||377||2,490||0||-206||45,173||129.8|
|All sectors||Other intangible fixed assets||2016*||7,948||100||73||0||-5||8,116||118.8|
|All sectors||Total land||2016*||1,005,974||79,194||0||4,545||0||1,089,714||105.3|
|All sectors||Land underlying dwellings||2016*||790,874||82,119||0||5,338||0||878,331||106.1|
|All sectors||Land underlying non-residential building||2016*||115,341||-6,406||0||-930||0||108,005||105.8|
|All sectors||Land under cultivation||2016*||99,760||3,481||0||137||0||103,377||97.6|
|All sectors||Oil and gas reserves||2016*||102,770||-57,054||-4,446||0||41,270||65.0|
|All sectors||Total consumer durables||2016*||165,103||2,144||261||0||0||167,507||93.3|
|All sectors||Textiles and clothing||2016*||18,215||262||480||0||0||18,956||100.6|
|All sectors||Leather goods and footwear||2016*||4,948||17||-40||0||0||4,924||96.0|
|All sectors||Home furnishing||2016*||36,879||582||-315||0||0||37,146||85.7|
|All sectors||Household appliances||2016*||28,735||-564||748||0||0||28,919||116.8|
|All sectors||Household articles||2016*||15,580||593||-230||0||0||15,943||91.8|
|All sectors||Other consumer durables||2016*||19,512||331||59||0||0||19,902||89.1|
|Non-financial corporations||Total of non-financial assets||2016*||1,093,705||.||.||.||.||1,119,317||107.5|
|Non-financial corporations||Total fixed assets||2016*||776,853||.||.||.||.||792,151||108.1|
|Non-financial corporations||Non-residential buildings||2016*||213,031||.||.||.||.||213,137||102.3|
|Non-financial corporations||Civil engineering works||2016*||98,873||.||.||.||.||102,282||121.9|
|Non-financial corporations||Cost of ownership transfer on land||2016*||7,110||.||.||.||.||7,612||116.8|
|Non-financial corporations||Total transport equipment||2016*||50,279||.||.||.||.||53,139||121.1|
|Non-financial corporations||Passenger cars||2016*||19,337||.||.||.||.||19,385||120.0|
|Non-financial corporations||Other road transport equipment||2016*||6,465||.||.||.||.||7,480||124.3|
|Non-financial corporations||Trains and trams||2016*||6,678||128||-34||0||19||6,792||104.0|
|Non-financial corporations||Telecommunications equipment||2016*||1,084||.||.||.||.||1,178||180.8|
|Non-financial corporations||Machinery and equipment||2016*||156,768||.||.||.||.||160,148||107.3|
|Non-financial corporations||Other tangible fixed assets||2016*||16,919||.||.||.||.||17,115||90.7|
|Non-financial corporations||Cultivated assets||2016*||620||.||.||.||.||624||106.5|
|Non-financial corporations||Research and development||2016*||44,456||.||.||.||.||45,646||106.0|
|Non-financial corporations||Computer software and databases||2016*||25,169||.||.||.||.||26,834||134.2|
|Non-financial corporations||Other intangible fixed assets||2016*||7,492||.||.||.||.||7,647||122.2|
|Non-financial corporations||Total land||2016*||223,734||.||.||.||.||234,844||105.1|
|Non-financial corporations||Land underlying dwellings||2016*||138,172||.||.||.||.||152,638||104.5|
|Non-financial corporations||Land underlying non-residential building||2016*||66,913||.||.||.||.||62,805||106.5|
|Non-financial corporations||Land under cultivation||2016*||18,649||.||.||.||.||19,402||102.1|
|Non-financial corporations||Oil and gas reserves||2016*||0||0||0||0||0||100.0|
|Non-financial corporations||Total consumer durables||2016*|
|Non-financial corporations||Textiles and clothing||2016*|
|Non-financial corporations||Leather goods and footwear||2016*|
|Non-financial corporations||Home furnishing||2016*|
|Non-financial corporations||Household appliances||2016*|
|Non-financial corporations||Household articles||2016*|
|Non-financial corporations||Other consumer durables||2016*|
|Financial corporations||Total of non-financial assets||2016*||68,042||.||.||.||.||69,546||85.9|
|Financial corporations||Total fixed assets||2016*||40,139||.||.||.||.||39,695||83.3|
|Financial corporations||Non-residential buildings||2016*||8,676||.||.||.||.||7,484||59.4|
|Financial corporations||Civil engineering works||2016*||67||.||.||.||.||67||87.1|
|Financial corporations||Cost of ownership transfer on land||2016*||3,026||.||.||.||.||3,084||84.1|
|Financial corporations||Total transport equipment||2016*||272||.||.||.||.||272||17.7|
|Financial corporations||Passenger cars||2016*||242||.||.||.||.||245||16.7|
|Financial corporations||Other road transport equipment||2016*||29||.||.||.||.||27||45.2|
|Financial corporations||Trains and trams||2016*||0||0||0||0||0||0||100.0|
|Financial corporations||Telecommunications equipment||2016*||204||.||.||.||.||230||159.9|
|Financial corporations||Machinery and equipment||2016*||194||.||.||.||.||187||79.0|
|Financial corporations||Other tangible fixed assets||2016*||385||.||.||.||.||368||77.8|
|Financial corporations||Cultivated assets||2016*||0||.||.||.||.||0||100.0|
|Financial corporations||Research and development||2016*||753||.||.||.||.||789||107.3|
|Financial corporations||Computer software and databases||2016*||5,232||.||.||.||.||5,578||123.2|
|Financial corporations||Other intangible fixed assets||2016*||50||.||.||.||.||38||25.2|
|Financial corporations||Total land||2016*||27,903||.||.||.||.||29,851||89.8|
|Financial corporations||Land underlying dwellings||2016*||19,288||.||.||.||.||21,545||94.0|
|Financial corporations||Land underlying non-residential building||2016*||2,673||.||.||.||.||2,154||61.7|
|Financial corporations||Land under cultivation||2016*||5,942||.||.||.||.||6,152||94.2|
|Financial corporations||Oil and gas reserves||2016*||0||0||0||0||0||100.0|
|Financial corporations||Total consumer durables||2016*|
|Financial corporations||Textiles and clothing||2016*|
|Financial corporations||Leather goods and footwear||2016*|
|Financial corporations||Home furnishing||2016*|
|Financial corporations||Household appliances||2016*|
|Financial corporations||Household articles||2016*|
Dataset is not available.
This table contains figures on non-financial balance sheets. The balance sheets show the market value of non-financial assets. Changes in the value of non-financial assets are also presented in this table. These changes are, for example, the result of price changes or the result of purchases minus sales of non-financial assets.
Non-financial balance sheets are part of the National Accounts. The balance sheets are presented by different types of assets for the economy as a whole and for the different institutional sectors in the Dutch economy.
Figures of the sectors households and non-profit institutions serving households (NPISH) are from reporting year 2013 onwards no longer separately published. Only their aggregate will be published. The reason for this change is that reliable estimates for NPISH for recent years are no longer available.
Data available from 1995 upto and including 2016.
Status of the figures:
2016 figures are provisional because this table has been replaced these figures will not be upated.
Changes as from 30 April 2019:
None, this table has been replaced.
When will new figures be published?
No longer relevant. This table has been replcaed by Non-financial balance sheets; national accounts. See paragraph 3.
- Opening balance sheet
- The opening balance sheet is the balance sheet on 1 January of the accounting year, measured in average prices of the previous year. The opening balance sheet equals the closing balance sheet of the previous year.
- Changes in non-financial balance sheet
- This item shows the changes in the market value of non-financial assets in one year. The closing balance sheet of a year equals the opening balance sheet of that year including the sum of all changes.
- The change in value of a non-financial asset due to price changes. The revaluation is determined by multiplying the net capital stock of the opening balance sheet with the price changes in the current reporting year relative to the previous reporting year.
- Capital formation
- Capital formation concerns the change in the non-financial balance sheet due to sales and purchases of non-financial assets and by normal wear and tear and insurable damage (like fire and theft). For fixed assets, the reduction in value due to ageing is called depreciation. For fixed assets, capital stock formation consists of the sum of investments, depreciation and trade. Trade includes the sales and purchases of second-hand fixed assets between Dutch firms or consumers and the sales of second-hand fixed assets by Dutch firms to foreign countries. For inventories, capital formation consists of changes in inventories. For mineral reserves, capital formation consists of the sum of sales minus purchases of these asset types. For consumer durables, capital formation consists of the sum of the consumption of new consumer durables, the depreciation due to ageing and trade.
- Other changes in volume
- Other changes in volume consist of the depreciation of cattle due to ageing and other changes in volume. The other changes in volume consist of the consequences of extraordinary unexpected events to non-financial assets, for example, a loss in value or even destruction of non-financial assets due to floods or war damage. The re-classification of firms to another sector (for example through mergers or subdivision of firms) is also part of the other changes in volume.
- Statistical discrepancy
- A statistical discrepancy appears when the closing balance sheet of non-financial assets does not correspond to the opening balance sheet and the changes in non-financial assets.
Statistical discrepancies arise during a benchmark revision because the capital stock is determined at a point in time when investment data are still provisional. This makes it impossible to create mutually consistent statistics. With respect to inventories, statistical discrepancies occur because firms have to provide the relevant data for their opening balance sheet as well as their closing balance sheet. When the opening balance sheet of a year differs from the closing balance sheet of the previous year, the difference is registered as a statistical discrepancy.
- Closing balance sheet
- The closing balance sheet is the balance sheet on 31 December of the reporting year, measured in average prices of that year. The closing balance sheet equals the opening balance sheet of the next reporting year.
- Volume indices 2010=100
- Index of the development of the volume of the closing balance of the type of non-financial asset in question. The base year is 2010.