|Sector/branches (SIC 2008)||Operating costs Personnel costs Employers' social contributions Total (x mln euro)||Operating costs Personnel costs Employers' social contributions Employer-paid social insurance premiums (x mln euro)||Operating costs Personnel costs Employers' social contributions Pension and early retirement premiums (x mln euro)||Operating costs Personnel costs Other social insurance costs (x mln euro)|
|46 Wholesale trade (no motor vehicles)||4,386||2,652||1,734||170|
|462 Wholesale of agricultural products||242||153||89||9|
|4621 Wholesale of grain, seeds etc.||93||50||44||2|
|4622 Wholesale of flowers and plants||132||92||40||6|
|463 Wholesale of food and beverages||646||386||260||19|
|4631 Wholesale of vegetables, potatoes||131||81||49||3|
|4634 Wholesale of beverages||40||26||14||2|
|4638 Wholesale of other food||124||75||48||4|
|4639 Non-specialised wholesale of food||173||96||77||3|
|464 Wholesale of consumer goods||949||614||334||43|
|4642 Wholesale of clothes, shoes etc||142||97||45||6|
|4643 Wholesale consumer electronics etc||120||71||49||5|
|4646 Wholesale of medical goods||304||179||125||16|
|4647 Wholesale of furniture and carpets||62||39||22||4|
|465 Wholesale of ICT-equipment||702||374||328||25|
|4651 Wholesale of computers and software||438||218||221||13|
|4652 Wholesale of other electronics||264||157||107||12|
|466 Wholesale of other machinery||769||479||291||35|
|467 Other specialised wholesale||787||470||318||25|
|4671 Wholesale of mineral oils||100||48||52||2|
|4672 Wholesale of metals and metal ores||92||56||37||2|
|4673 Wholesale of construction materials||308||187||121||10|
|4675 Wholesale of chemical products||118||70||48||4|
|4677 Wholesale of waste and scrap||43||28||15||3|
|469 Non-specialised wholesale||90||51||40||2|
This table shows relevant data for the economic sector 'wholesale trade', e.g. the number of persons employed, costs and revenues, turnover and other financial results. The figures can be divided by a number of branches according to Statistics Netherlands' Standard Industrial Classification of all Economic Activities 2008 (SIC 2008).
Data available from: 2009 - 2013.
Status of the figures:
All data in the table are definite.
Changes as of 22 April 2016:
Non, this table has been discontinued.
When will new figures be published?
The figures from 2014 can be found in the table 'Trade and industry; employment and finance per sector, SIC 2008'. See paragraph 3.
- Operating costs
- The costs made to achieve the operating profits, that is the purchase
value of the turnover, labour costs, and depreciation on assets, and other
Since 2007, wage (cost) subsidies are no longer included in net
operating returns. Therefore, wage (cost) subsidies are deducted from
- Personnel costs
- This category comprises expenses like
- gross wages and salaries of employees, including social
security and pension scheme contributions
- payments for temporary workers and hired personnel
- costs of schooling and training
- recruitment and selection costs
- canteen costs
- costs for health and safety provisions
- working clothes
- anniversary celebrations, etc.
- Employers' social contributions
- The premiums paid by employers to social security on the gross wages.
These include imputed and actual social premiums and actual pension premiums, and payments made directly by the employer.
- Employer-paid social insurance premiums
- The part of social insurance premiums paid by employers.
- Pension and early retirement premiums
- Contributions paid by employers to pension and early retirement schemes, savings for retirement provisions, etc.
- Other social insurance costs
- This category includes:
- contributions to health insurance;
- costs of staff relocation and housing;
- costs of child care, etc.