|Sector/branches (SIC 2008)||Operating costs Personnel costs Employers' social contributions Total (x mln euro)||Operating costs Personnel costs Employers' social contributions Employer-paid social insurance premiums (x mln euro)||Operating costs Personnel costs Employers' social contributions Pension and early retirement premiums (x mln euro)||Operating costs Personnel costs Other social insurance costs (x mln euro)|
|47 Retail trade (not in motor vehicles)||2,377||1,597||780||66|
|471 Non-specialised retail sales.||739||501||238||13|
|4711 Supermarkets and similar stores||632||428||204||12|
|4711, 472 Shops in food||750||507||242||19|
|4719, 474-477Shops in Non-food||1,460||972||488||42|
|4719 Department stores||107||74||34||0|
|472 Specialised shops selling food||118||80||38||7|
|473 Petrol stations||59||43||16||1|
|474 Shops selling consumer electronics||83||56||27||1|
|4743 Shops for brown and white goods||64||42||22||1|
|475 Shops for other household equipment||356||232||124||8|
|4751 Shops selling textiles and wool||2||2||1||0|
|4752 Shops for do-it-yourself articles||143||93||50||4|
|4753 Shops for floor coverings, curtains||13||8||5||0|
|4754 Shops for electr. household goods||8||4||3||0|
|4759 Shops for other household articles||190||125||65||3|
|476 Shops selling recreation goods||101||70||31||3|
|4764 Shops for sports and camping goods||58||41||17||2|
|4765 Shops selling toys||16||11||5||0|
|477 Shops selling other goods||813||540||274||29|
|4771 Shops selling clothing||285||195||90||9|
|4772 Shops for footwear, leather goods||63||43||21||1|
|4773 Dispensing chemists||171||98||73||9|
|4774 Drugstores, shops for medical goods||92||67||25||2|
|4775 Shops for perfumes, cosmetic goods||21||15||6||0|
|4776 Shops for flowers, plants and pets||68||48||21||4|
|4777 Shops selling jewellery and watches||23||16||7||1|
|4778 Shops selling other goods rest||76||50||27||2|
|478 Market sale||14||10||4||1|
|479 Retail sale not via store or market||95||66||30||3|
|4791 Retail sale via internet||77||53||24||2|
This table shows relevant data for the economic sector 'retail trade', e.g. the number of persons employed, costs and revenues, turnover and other financial results. The figures can be divided by a number of branches according to Statistics Netherlands' Standard Industrial Classification of all Economic Activities 2008 (SIC 2008).
Data available from: 2009 - 2013.
Status of the figures:
All data in the table are definite.
Changes as of 22 April 2016:
Non, this table has been discontinued.
When will new figures be published?
The figures from 2014 can be found in the table 'Trade and industry; employment and finance per sector, SIC 2008'. See paragraph 3.
- Operating costs
- The costs made to achieve the operating profits, that is the purchase value of the turnover, labour costs, and depreciation on assets, and other business expenditure.
Since 2007, wage (cost) subsidies are no longer included in net
operating returns. Therefore, wage (cost) subsidies are deducted from operating costs.
- Personnel costs
- This category comprises expenses like
- gross wages and salaries of employees, including social
security and pension scheme contributions
- payments for temporary workers and hired personnel
- costs of schooling and training
- recruitment and selection costs
- canteen costs
- costs for health and safety provisions
- working clothes
- anniversary celebrations, etc.
- Employers' social contributions
- The premiums paid by employers to social security on the gross wages.
These include imputed and actual social premiums and actual pension premiums, and payments made directly by the employer.
- Employer-paid social insurance premiums
- The part of social insurance premiums paid by employers.
- Pension and early retirement premiums
- Contributions paid by employers to pension and early retirement schemes, savings for retirement provisions, etc.
- Other social insurance costs
- This category includes:
- contributions to health insurance;
- costs of staff relocation and housing;
- costs of child care, etc.