|Sector/branches (SIC 2008)||Operating costs Personnel costs Employers' social contributions Total (x mln euro)||Operating costs Personnel costs Employers' social contributions Employer-paid social insurance premiums (x mln euro)||Operating costs Personnel costs Employers' social contributions Pension and early retirement premiums (x mln euro)||Operating costs Personnel costs Other social insurance costs (x mln euro)|
|H Transportation and storage||3,371||1,812||1,559||129|
|49 Land transport||1,555||903||652||51|
|491-492 Rail transport||107||84||22||0|
|493 Passenger transport by road||432||230||202||14|
|4932 Taxi operation||149||95||54||3|
|494 Freight transport by road||1,013||587||426||36|
|4941 Freight road transport, no removals||981||570||412||35|
|4942 Removal services||32||17||15||1|
|50 Water transport||161||92||69||7|
|501-502 Sea water transport||.||.||.||.|
|503-504 Inland water transport||73||45||28||3|
|51 Air transport||452||159||293||20|
|52 Warehousing, services for transport||801||473||328||38|
|521 Warehousing and storage||161||90||71||7|
|522 Services activities for transport||640||383||257||31|
|5221 Services for land transport||60||45||15||2|
|5222 Services for water transport||56||23||33||2|
|5223 Services for air transport||80||34||46||1|
|5224 Cargo handling||119||65||53||13|
|5229 Agents for transport and weighing||325||216||110||13|
|53 Postal and courier activities||401||184||217||12|
This table shows relevant data for the economic sector 'transport, storage and communications', e.g. the number of persons employed, costs and revenues, turnover and other financial results. The figures can be divided by a number of branches according to Statistics Netherlands' Standard Industrial Classification of all Economic Activities 2008 (SIC 2008).
Data available from: 2009-2013
Status of the figures:
All data in the table are definite.
Changes as of 26 April 2016:
Non, this table has been discontinued.
When will new figures be published?
The figures from 2014 can be found in the table "Trade and industry; employment and finance per sector, SIC 2008". See paragraph 3.
- Operating costs
- The costs made to achieve the operating profits, that is the purchase value of the turnover, labour costs, and depreciation on assets, and other business expenditure.
Since 2007, wage (cost) subsidies are no longer included in net
operating returns. Therefore, wage (cost) subsidies are deducted from operating costs.
- Personnel costs
- This category comprises expenses like
- gross wages and salaries of employees, including social
security and pension scheme contributions
- payments for temporary workers and hired personnel
- costs of schooling and training
- recruitment and selection costs
- canteen costs
- costs for health and safety provisions
- working clothes
- anniversary celebrations, etc.
- Employers' social contributions
- The premiums paid by employers to social security on the gross wages.
These include imputed and actual social premiums and actual pension premiums, and payments made directly by the employer.
- Employer-paid social insurance premiums
- The part of social insurance premiums paid by employers.
- Pension and early retirement premiums
- Contributions paid by employers to pension and early retirement schemes, savings for retirement provisions, etc.
- Other social insurance costs
- This category includes:
- contributions to health insurance;
- costs of staff relocation and housing;
- costs of child care, etc.