Urban waste water treatment per province and river basin district
|Regions||Periods||Influent waste water Quantities Volume waste water (1 000 m3)||Discharge of waste water (effluent) Quantities Volume waste water (1 000 m3)|
|The river Eems||2021||79,430||79,430|
|The river Rijn (North Rijn)||2021||109,065||109,065|
|The river Rijn (East Rijn)||2021||372,917||372,917|
|The river Rijn (Central Rijn)||2021|
|The river Rijn (West Rijn)||2021||863,197||863,197|
|The river Maas||2021||444,740||444,740|
|The river Schelde||2021||94,534||94,534|
Dataset is not available.
This table presents the most significant results of the annual survey Public treatment of urban waste water. The results are presented per province and river basin district (Rijn, Maas, Eems and Schelde) and include:
- number and capacity of the urban waste water treatment plants by type of treatment;
- the volume and concentration of organic matter, nutrients and heavy metals in the waste water running into waste water treatment plants (influent) and the volume of treated waste water (effluent). As of 2017, data on heavy metals are only inventoried for even years.
- the volume and destination of the sludge released, with nutrients and heavy metals. As of 2017, sludge data are only inventoried for even years.
Additional data on urban waste water treatment plants, process technology, energy consumption, generation of energy and sludge dewatering can be accessed on the Dutch version of StatLine.
Data available from: 1981
Status of the figures:
The figures in this table are definitive.
Changes as of 22 March 2023:
The figures of 2021 has been added.
When will new figures be published?
New figures on 2022 will be published by March 2024.
- Influent waste water
- Data on concentrations and quantities of pollutants in the waste water running into urban waste water treatment plants (influent).
- Volume waste water
- The annual volume of influent waste water.
- Discharge of waste water (effluent)
- Data on concentrations and quantities of pollutants in treated waste water (effluent) discharged from urban waste water treatment plants.
- Volume waste water
- The annual volume of effluent waste water.