|Economic sectors (SIC'93)||Periods||Jobs persons employed, annual average Jobs persons employed (x 1 000)||Employees on payroll, annual average Employees on the company payroll (x 1 000)||Business returns Business turnover, net Net total turnover (mln euro)||Business costs Purchase value turnover Total purchasing costs (mln euro)||Business costs Purchase value turnover Costs of raw and auxiliary materials (mln euro)||Business costs Personnel costs Gross wages and salaries (mln euro)||Profit / loss (mln euro)|
|7411b Legal activities, accounting and..||2008||309.7||225.6||29,584||3,926||2,529||8,885||6,534|
|7411 Legal activities||2008||49.3||41.6||5,307||300||197||1,563||1,135|
This table shows relevant data for the economic sector 'commercial
services', e.g. the number of persons employed, costs and revenues,
turnover and other financial results. The figures can be divided by a
number of branches according to Statistics Netherlands' Standard
Industrial Classification of all Economic Activities 1993 (SIC'93).
The survey questionnaire was changed slightly in 2007. Up to and including
2006, wage subsidies were counted as (other) business returns. From 2007
onwards these subsidies are deducted from business costs. Because of these
changes, results for 2007 are not fully comparable with results for 2006.
The effect of these changes on business returns and business costs are
small for most of the branches.
Data available from 2006 - 2008.
Status of the figures: All data are definite.
Changes as of 1 September 2011:
This table has been stopped. Two important points in the processing of
the data on 2009 have changed :
- a new version of the Standard Industrial Classification of all Economic
Activities has been implemented (SIC 2008);
- the statistical unit has been changed.
Due to these changes, the figures are no longer comparable to those of the
previous years. Therefore new table has been started from 2009 onwards
(see also heading 3).
- Jobs persons employed, annual average
- A job is a position occupied by an employed person.
Includes all employees on the company payroll minus staff employed
elsewhere on a temporary basis plus personnel hired from other companies,
temps/seconded staff and other employed persons, e.g. participating owners
- Jobs persons employed
- The average number of persons employed in the fiscal or financial year.
- Employees on payroll, annual average
- This class includes all employees on the company payroll, even if they are
in fact working outside the company. Participating owners and partners not
on the company payroll are not included.
Temps are employed by the temp agency, not by the company they work for on
a temporary basis.
- Employees on the company payroll
- The average number of employees on the company payroll in the fiscal or
- Business returns
- Turnover generated under regular operating conditions.
This includes selling of goods and services plus the value of
stock changes, work at hand, activated output for use in the company,
subsidies and damage compensation. Activated production includes fixed
assets manufactured by the company for own use, e.g. machinery and
buildings valued at cost price.
Since 2007, wage cost subsidies are no longer included.
- Business turnover, net
- Business returns, excluding VAT (value added taxes) from the selling of
goods and services to customers.
Turnover is calculated after deduction of discounts, bonuses, returnable
deposits and on-charged freight costs.
Customers could be private persons and companies outside (the Dutch part)
of the concern.
- Net total turnover
- Business costs
- Business costs
All costs made to generate revenues.
Since 2007, wage (cost) subsidies are no longer included in net
business returns. Therefore, wage (cost)subsidies are deducted from
- Purchase value turnover
- Purchasing costs of raw and auxiliary materials, packing material,
- Total purchasing costs
- Costs of raw and auxiliary materials
- Including import duties, costs of transport, import levies European Union,
transport insurance and temporary storage.
- Personnel costs
- This category comprises expenses like
- gross wages and salaries of employees, including social
security and pension scheme contributions
- payments for temporary workers and hired personnel
- costs of schooling and training
- recruitment and selection costs
- canteen costs
- costs for health and safety provisions
- working clothes
- anniversary celebrations, etc.
In 2006, subsidies were not deducted from personnel costs.
As from 2007 wage (cost) subsidies are deducted from personnel costs.
- Gross wages and salaries
- The category gross wages and salaries refers to employees on the payroll
- wages including employees' contributions to social insurances minus sick
- bonuses, holiday allowances, thirteenth month payments and dismissal
- allowances for commuter traffic
- contributions to savings schemes
Over 2006 wage (cost) subsidies were not deducted from gross wages and
salaries; as from 2007 wage (cost) subsidies are deducted from gross wages
- Profit / loss
- Net operating result
Gross operating result minus operating costs.