|Periods||Coal products Patent fuel; output (million kg)||Coal products Coke-oven cokes Output, total (million kg)||Coal products Coke-oven cokes Manufacture of coke-oven products output (million kg)||Coal products Coke-oven cokes Output, other (million kg)||Coal products Gas works gas Output by public gas works companies (million m3 natural gas equivalents)|
This table presents the main figures for supply and consumption of primary coal (hard coal, lignite) and coal products in the Netherlands in a long time series.
Status of the figures:
Figures of 1802 up to and including 2019 are definite. Figures of 2020 and 2021 are revised provisional.
Changes as of June 17th 2022:
Revised provisional figures added for 2021.
Changes as of 1st of March 2022:
Figures from 1990 up to and including 2014 have been revised. The most relevant adaptations are a change of imports and stock changes of hard coal and lignite and other output of coke-oven cokes of several million kg on a yearly basis.
When will new figures be published?
Revised provisional figures: June/July in the following year.
Definite figures: december in the second following year.
- Coal products
- From coal derived products like coke-oven cokes, coke-oven gas and blast furnace gas.
- Patent fuel; output
- Coal pressed into blocks.
- Coke-oven cokes
- Solid coal product derived from further carbonization at high temperature. In blast furnaces the product is used to produce iron from iron ore.
- Output, total
- Manufacture of coke-oven products output
- Manufacture of coke-oven products transform coal into coke-oven cokes which is needed to produce iron and steel.
- Output, other
- Gas works gas
- Gas derived from coal and destined for distribution in the gas network.
- Output by public gas works companies
- Output of gas works gas by public gas companies is sometimes lower than the delivery by energy companies, because other companies also produce gas works gas.