|Periods||Coal products Patent fuel; output (million kg)||Coal products Coke-oven cokes Output, total (million kg)||Coal products Coke-oven cokes Manufacture of coke-oven products output (million kg)||Coal products Coke-oven cokes Output, other (million kg)||Coal products Gas works gas Output by public gas works companies (million m3 natural gas equivalents)|
This table presents the main figures for supply and consumption of primary coal (hard coal, lignite) and coal products in the Netherlands in a long time series.
Status of the figures:
Figures of 1802 up to and including 2018 are definite. Figures of 2019 are revised provisional. Figures of 2020 are provisional.
Changes as of 16th April 2020
Provisional figures of 2020 have been added.
Changes as of 24th December 2020:
Because of a new method, figures of imports, exports and stock changes for years 2015, 2016 and 2017 have been slightly adjusted.
When will new figures be published?
Provisional figures: March/April in the following year.
Revised provisional figures: June/July in the following year.
Definite figures: december in the second following year.
- Coal products
- From coal derived products like coke-oven cokes, coke-oven gas and blast furnace gas.
- Patent fuel; output
- Coal pressed into blocks.
- Coke-oven cokes
- Solid coal product derived from further carbonization at high temperature. In blast furnaces the product is used to produce iron from iron ore.
- Output, total
- Manufacture of coke-oven products output
- Manufacture of coke-oven products transform coal into coke-oven cokes which is needed to produce iron and steel.
- Output, other
- Gas works gas
- Gas derived from coal and destined for distribution in the gas network.
- Output by public gas works companies
- Output of gas works gas by public gas companies is sometimes lower than the delivery by energy companies, because other companies also produce gas works gas.