Different backgrounds, same focus
At CBS, you will find people with different backgrounds working closely together: economists and software engineers, but also mathematicians, physicists, biologists, medical practitioners and chemists. You see them dressed in a variety of ways, from smart trousers to jeans and from suits to baggy sweaters. What they all have in common is a focus on research results of outstanding quality.
The way in which we collect, process and publish data is constantly changing. This is why we pay great attention to training our employees and enhancing their knowledge. Together with us, you decide into which direction you would like to develop yourself. We invest time and money in this, focussing not only on the short term, but certainly also on the longer term future. CBS offers plenty of career growth, both horizontally and vertically. You can grow into a new position, improve your skills in your current position, or choose to specialise.
CBS is a government organisation, which means you benefit from excellent employment conditions. These include:
• A decent salary based on the Civil Servants’ Pay Decree (BBRA)
• Holiday pay and a fixed year-end bonus
• Good pension held by ABP pension fund
• Flexible working hours
• Compensatory leave option
• À la carte collective labour agreement (CAO)
• Possibility to work from home
• NS Business Card for business travel
• Opportunities for self-development, e.g. by taking training courses
• Various discounts such as 10% off on your health insurance
Dealing with sensitive data
At CBS, we often work with highly confidential information. Our employees have signed a confidentiality agreement and have also taken an oath or made a sworn statement during an official gathering.